ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application made on WRONG form ... form changed as I filled

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Magarhe
Newly Registered

Application made on WRONG form ... form changed as I filled

Post by Magarhe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:28 pm

I hope someone can give some feedback on this .....

It appears I might have made my EEA1 and EEA2 applications on the wrong forms - as we were filling them in, they updated the form.

Forms we used were Version 11/2007 to be used for applications made after 15th Nov 2007 ....

We downloaded and began filling these in at the end of May, and submitted at the beginning of June.

What we did not realise is that the new forms 5/2008 appeared for applications made after 26th May 2008.

Obviously we were idiots for not checking the website just before sending them in. It took us a week to get our stuff together to send in and it just didn't occur to us the forms were about to change.

Now what is going to happen? Are they going to hold onto our documents for 3-6 months before getting to them and then throw them out because the form was a week old? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

This country is INSANE.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Application made on WRONG form ... form changed as I fil

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Magarhe wrote:I hope someone can give some feedback on this .....

It appears I might have made my EEA1 and EEA2 applications on the wrong forms - as we were filling them in, they updated the form.

Forms we used were Version 11/2007 to be used for applications made after 15th Nov 2007 ....

We downloaded and began filling these in at the end of May, and submitted at the beginning of June.

What we did not realise is that the new forms 5/2008 appeared for applications made after 26th May 2008.

Obviously we were idiots for not checking the website just before sending them in. It took us a week to get our stuff together to send in and it just didn't occur to us the forms were about to change.

Now what is going to happen? Are they going to hold onto our documents for 3-6 months before getting to them and then throw them out because the form was a week old? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

This country is INSANE.
A good thing would be to call the HO (0207 035 4848) for advice.

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:16 pm

HO should you give you 1 opportunity to send the correct form, they will write to you.
Please update us on it.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Kashif_Hussain wrote:HO should you give you 1 opportunity to send the correct form, they will write to you.
Please update us on it.

Thanks
This thread is over 8 years old :!: I very much doubt that the OP is still waiting for help to complete the form :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.