ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any approval for June 2008 Applicants?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

egghead
Newly Registered

Post by egghead » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:45 pm

'Processing time-lines differ from country to country. Since you applied from within UK, it is going to be a long wait for you.'

why is it longer with in-country application? where does it say this?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 pm

egghead wrote:'Processing time-lines differ from country to country. Since you applied from within UK, it is going to be a long wait for you.'

Guess you are not yet aware that, unlike HSMP, all Tier 1 applications are not processed in the UK. For example, applications from India are processed and approved at BHC in India only - the current processing time there (based on feedback posted on this forum) is around 4-6 weeks. Reading through Initial applications: How to apply if you are outside the UK will help.

On the other hand, UKBA was was advertising, until a few days ago, average lead time of 10 weeks for in-country applications. Search the forum or browse through this discussion and you'll know. Don't be surprised if you get to hear in coming days that the service standard for in-country applications has gone up from 10 weeks.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:49 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
egghead wrote:'Processing time-lines differ from country to country. Since you applied from within UK, it is going to be a long wait for you.'

Guess you are not yet aware that, unlike HSMP, all Tier 1 applications are not processed in the UK. For example, applications from India are processed and approved at BHC in India only - the current processing time there (based on feedback posted on this forum) is around 4-6 weeks. Reading through Initial applications: How to apply if you are outside the UK will help.

On the other hand, UKBA was was advertising, until a few days ago, average lead time of 10 weeks for in-country applications. Search the forum or browse through this discussion and you'll know. Don't be surprised if you get to hear in coming days that the service standard for in-country applications has gone up from 10 weeks.

regards
I am really scared to know this. I am observing for the past few days that the applications from in-country (UK) are getting processed in 5-6 weeks. But few applications are taking more time. Hence I expect that I would receive my passports in 6 weeks, going by Rule of Averages. (I have applied for WP to Tier 1 on 16th June from UK).

I would request all May/ June applicants to please keep posting your results. Fortunately we heard from couple of applicants today.

Thanks all in advance.

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 pm

sushdmehta wrote:

regards
I am really scared to know this. I am observing for the past few days that the applications from in-country (UK) are getting processed in 5-6 weeks. But few applications are taking more time. Hence I expect that I would receive my passports in 6 weeks, going by Rule of Averages. (I have applied for WP to Tier 1 on 16th June from UK).

I would request all May/ June applicants to please keep posting your results. Fortunately we heard from couple of applicants today.

Thanks all in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:53 pm

A service standard of 10 weeks doesn't necessarily mean that you will not get a decision before that. It's just "expectation management".

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

heavymetal
Newly Registered

Got the reject letter and passport from BHC Chennai today

Post by heavymetal » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:47 am

Hi,

My application for EC under HSMP transitional arrangement got rejected on the grounds that I gave internet bank statement for the last two weeks of the 3 months maintenance fund to be shown. I had given 1 year's bank statements provided by the bank but the last two weeks' statements before application date were taken from internet. VFS had told me that it this is fine.

I got my passport and refusal letter today with an option for administrative review. I am not going for administrative review. I have asked them to return my original documents ASAP.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:56 am

(For cross referencing only): See a similar case: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#180846

rawpan

Post by rawpan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi heavymetal,

Sorry to hear about your refusal. Just wanted to know that if you had got
the internet statements signed/stamped by the Bank ?

Also, please let me know if you have any idea that the Integra Verification
was done for your case?

Also, in case of a refusal, Are they sending only your passport to you & keeping
all other original documents with them ( anticipating just in case that you will apply for Admin review ) ?

Cheers,
rawpan

heavymetal
Newly Registered

ec rejected

Post by heavymetal » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:16 am

I did not have the internet bank statement sealed by bank
I am not sure if integra verification was done
they have returned only passport back, with refusal letter.
Since I am not applying for admin review, I have asked for my docs back

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Is there anybody applied for Tier 1 from Mumbai? My application status is it is sent to BHC Mumbai on June 4, 2008 :(

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 am

nitmech wrote:Is there anybody applied for Tier 1 from Mumbai? My application status is it is sent to BHC Mumbai on June 4, 2008
Have you tried contacting VFS/BHC for your application status? First contact VFS ((080) 40084008 though I doubt they'll be able to give any information). Then try to contact Mumbai BHC asking them that 15 days are already over and you need to know the status of application and expected date of any decision, which VFS is not sure about.
Give some reason that you need passport urgently, etc. Also request you to post here about how the call goes and how they respond.

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:20 am

CoolestGuyC wrote:

Have you tried contacting VFS/BHC for your application status? First contact VFS ((080) 40084008 though I doubt they'll be able to give any information). Then try to contact Mumbai BHC asking them that 15 days are already over and you need to know the status of application and expected date of any decision, which VFS is not sure about.
Give some reason that you need passport urgently, etc. Also request you to post here about how the call goes and how they respond.
I mail them every Monday for last 3 weeks, every time I get a standard response. They simply copy-paste and send the standard response to everybody! Following is the reply I keep getting from BHC, Mumbai
Dear Sir

This refers to your email below.

We are making enquiries on your visa application which could take up to one month, however, our aim is to be able to process your application more quickly than this. In a very small number of cases, visa applications take longer than one month to process.

Yours faithfully

Casework Unit
I also called to the VFS numbers, it is useless! They simply do not know anything about our applications. :(

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Anybody from Mumbai applied in JUNE 2008?

UKorUS
Newly Registered

applied on 23rd June at Mumbai South VFS

Post by UKorUS » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:42 pm

nitmech wrote:Anybody from Mumbai applied in JUNE 2008?
I had applied on 23rd June 2008. Seeing the same ugly status. VFS guys are like dumb people hesitating to give any clear response.
I have an urgent need to go to UK and I am stuck. I currently have a business visa for UK. Is it possible if I can take back my passport for travelling to UK,while my tier 1 application is still active and processed by them.
I used to think British do what they say however this notion has been busted.

catchmk
Newly Registered

Post by catchmk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Didnt you know beforehand that the process would take about 10 weeks or so? If no, who is to blame here?

There's no point blaming the VFS guys for everything. They might be overloaded with applications from quite a lot "highly skilled" (aka intelligent) people, for all we know.

As for the query, you can withdraw your application, which will mean you'll lose your fee. Not sure if you can make an urgent treatment, worth giving a call to them.

nitmech

Re: applied on 23rd June at Mumbai South VFS

Post by nitmech » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:28 am

UKorUS wrote:
nitmech wrote:Anybody from Mumbai applied in JUNE 2008?
I had applied on 23rd June 2008. Seeing the same ugly status. VFS guys are like dumb people hesitating to give any clear response.
I have an urgent need to go to UK and I am stuck. I currently have a business visa for UK. Is it possible if I can take back my passport for travelling to UK,while my tier 1 application is still active and processed by them.
I used to think British do what they say however this notion has been busted.
I am also in the need of my original documents, so I called to VFS in this regard. They told me that if we visit to VFS personally and ask for specific documents, they can get it from BHC while your application is on. But whenever BHC demand for the same you will have to submit it again.

UKorUS
Newly Registered

Re: applied on 23rd June at Mumbai South VFS

Post by UKorUS » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:25 pm

I had written to british deputy high commission last week about the status of my application. They have responded saying that the application is currently with integra and they are waiting for the results from integra verification.
It seems that the whole mess is because of Integra and the whole delay is also because of them.
I will write to them again asking by when do they expect integra to provide the results

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:35 pm

nitmech and UKorUS,

What was the email id you used to inquire the status? Was it postmaster.bomba@fco.gov.uk or Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk ? Or any other email id?

UKorUS,

It is only 4th week since you applied, so have some patience :) Try emailing BHC atleast once a week and request them to treat your application urgently.
You can also try contacting IntegraScreen(through their website) and request them to do your verification urgently explaining them your travel commitments. Also check with your Employer/College and see where the verification process is stuck.

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:47 am

CoolestGuyC wrote:nitmech and UKorUS,

What was the email id you used to inquire the status? Was it postmaster.bomba@fco.gov.uk or Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk ? Or any other email id?

UKorUS,

It is only 4th week since you applied, so have some patience :) Try emailing BHC atleast once a week and request them to treat your application urgently.
You can also try contacting IntegraScreen(through their website) and request them to do your verification urgently explaining them your travel commitments. Also check with your Employer/College and see where the verification process is stuck.
I send mails to Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk to contact BHC.

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:47 am

CoolestGuyC wrote:nitmech and UKorUS,

UKorUS,

They do not reply to any visa related inquiries from postmaster.bomba@fco.gov.uk

rawpan

Got Visa !!

Post by rawpan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Friends,

I have been active in this Forum for last 2 months & it has provided me a lot of information regarding Tier-1 Visa.

I wanted to share this good news that I got my TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT Visa today.
Here are my timelines :-

Tier 1 Fresh Application from India
Applied on : 16th June, 2008
Ref. no. allocated : 16th June, 2008
Payment deducted : 16th June, 2008
Integra Verification : No Idea

All the Best to everyone waiting for their Visa. :D

Cheers,
rawpan

cgohil

Re: Got Visa !!

Post by cgohil » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:01 am

Hi Rawpan,

Congrats......for ur success...
can u pls let me know from which VFS center u applied ur application.

cheers,
chirag
rawpan wrote:Hi Friends,

I have been active in this Forum for last 2 months & it has provided me a lot of information regarding Tier-1 Visa.

I wanted to share this good news that I got my TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT Visa today.

Cheers,
rawpan

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:03 am

Hi rawpan,
Congratulations for your approval!! What earnings proof did you submit with your application? Form 16 and salary slips? Or Bank statement and salary slips? Also request you to share the list of documents submitted by you and any special circumstances/advice in your application.

rawpan

Post by rawpan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:02 am

Hi there,

Chirag - I applied from New Delhi.

CoolestguyC -
I had submitted salary slips, Original bank statements ( signed, stamped & dated ) by bank,
Form 16 & my IT returns. Please note that Form 16 & IT returns are relevant only if the
period for which you are claiming points mirrors the Fiscal period for taxes.
The only important point which I would like to highlight here is that we should
submit all the relevant documents duly SIGNED & STAMPED by the authorised signatory.
Specially for bank statements for maintenance of funds, if you are taking an online
printout, then go to the bank & ask them for the online statement printout on bank's
letter head & get it DATED, SIGNED & STAMPED.

nitmech

Re: Got Visa !!

Post by nitmech » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 am

rawpan wrote:Hi Friends,

Cheers,
rawpan
Congrats Rawpan!

I am still waiting :( I applied from Mumbai.