ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

withdraw passport while application under process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKorUS
Newly Registered

withdraw passport while application under process

Post by UKorUS » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:51 pm

I had applied for Tier 1 General Migrant visa on 23rd June from Mumbai South VFS center.
I already have a UK Business visa valid till October 2008.
I have an urgent business related travel to make to UK. Knowing that the high commission at Mumbai is taking almost close to 2 months to process these applications, Is it possible that I ask them to return the passport while my application is still under processing with them.
Will it effect my application in any ways?
Any member please suggest

Markie

Re: withdraw passport while application under process

Post by Markie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:10 pm

As far as I know, if you withdraw your passport in the current application then you lose everything (incl $$$) and has to start from step 1. You can write to them that you are withdrawing you passport with immediate effect.
UKorUS wrote:I had applied for Tier 1 General Migrant visa on 23rd June from Mumbai South VFS center.
I have an urgent business related travel to make to UK. Knowing that the high commission at Mumbai is taking almost close to 2 months to process these applications, Is it possible that I ask them to return the passport while my application is still under processing with them.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Markie is correct, if you withdraw the passport for the purpose of travel you are withdrawing the case and will lose the fee.
________
Coach handbags
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

35kimmig
Newly Registered

Re: withdraw passport while application under process

Post by 35kimmig » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:00 pm

UKorUS wrote:I had applied for Tier 1 General Migrant visa on 23rd June from Mumbai South VFS center.
Hi UKorUS
I am in a similar predicament. Do kindly share what was the outcome in your case. I received the following response from VFS

"Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.
With regard to your query, we suggest the applicants to submit the passport along with the application and then the applicants can place a request to withdraw the passport.
We hope the above info rmation has been of help to you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our contact details are as given below.
Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Helpline no – 080-40084008"