ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Dependent applying for ILR. Spouse already received ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Canopus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 PBS Dependent applying for ILR. Spouse already received ILR

Post by Canopus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Hello everyone,
I plan on applying for ILR in September as a PBS Dependent using Super Priority service. My spouse was on Tier 2 (General) and they got their ILR a few months ago.

My information below:
-Tier 4 General visa valid from 22/08/2013 to 22/01/2015. Entered UK on 09/11/2013. We were married before I came to the UK.
-Shifted to PBS Dependant category (my spouse was on Tier 2 General) on 22/10/2014 valid until 13/07/2017
-PBS dependant extension on 15/09/2015 valid until 14/07/2018
-PBS Dependant extension on 19/07/2018 valid until 27/08/2020. I have not been outside the UK for over 180 days in any 12-month period since 19/07/2018 (first visa issued after 11 Jan 2018).

My queries:
1. Am I correct in understanding that I will complete the requisite 5 years on 22/10/2019?

2. When can I apply online at the earliest (submit application and make payment)? Can I submit it on 24/09/2019? I am basing this date on the following FOI request https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-632414 . For certain reasons I want to have the outcome before Saturday 28th September 2019 and so I am trying to apply as soon as I can to get an appointment as soon as possible.

3. Since I am applying after my spouse got their ILR, they are asking for my spouse’s Home Office reference number. Is the ILR application number (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/xx) or the payment reference number?

4. They are also asking for my spouse’s BRP number. Which BRP number do I use for them- the one for their last Tier 2 General visa or their current ILR’s?

5. In the list of documents, they are asking for only my spouse’s declaration to confirm consent for Home Office to request verification checks. Do I need to apply with my spouse as the main applicant even though they are not applying currently? We have a joint account as well. Do they sign Part 1 while I sign part 2 or vice-versa?

6. The list of documents asks for “All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK”. I have lost one of my previous passports but I never travelled to the UK on that one. Do I still need to provide some evidence for that? If so, what would qualify as evidence?

7. Does my spouse have to accompany me to the visa centre on the day of my appointment?

8. Do I need to take my spouse’s documents with me to my appointment and/or upload them to the online application?

Apologies for the long post. Many thanks in advance for any guidance you might provide. This forum has been instrumental in my preparation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 PBS Dependent applying for ILR. Spouse already received ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:31 pm

Canopus wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:13 pm
Hello everyone,
I plan on applying for ILR in September as a PBS Dependent using Super Priority service. My spouse was on Tier 2 (General) and they got their ILR a few months ago.

My information below:
-Tier 4 General visa valid from 22/08/2013 to 22/01/2015. Entered UK on 09/11/2013. We were married before I came to the UK.
-Shifted to PBS Dependant category (my spouse was on Tier 2 General) on 22/10/2014 valid until 13/07/2017
-PBS dependant extension on 15/09/2015 valid until 14/07/2018
-PBS Dependant extension on 19/07/2018 valid until 27/08/2020. I have not been outside the UK for over 180 days in any 12-month period since 19/07/2018 (first visa issued after 11 Jan 2018).

My queries:
1. Am I correct in understanding that I will complete the requisite 5 years on 22/10/2019?
Yes. You can apply no sooner than 22/10/2019 minus 28 days

2. When can I apply online at the earliest (submit application and make payment)? Can I submit it on 24/09/2019? I am basing this date on the following FOI request https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-632414 . For certain reasons I want to have the outcome before Saturday 28th September 2019 and so I am trying to apply as soon as I can to get an appointment as soon as possible.
The earliest you can apply is 24th September 2019 (if my minus 28 days calculation is correct) but I will still give 1 extra day on top. The day you pay and submit your application is the date of application. Biometric date is irrelevant. So do NOT pay and submit before you qualify

3. Since I am applying after my spouse got their ILR, they are asking for my spouse’s Home Office reference number. Is the ILR application number (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/xx) or the payment reference number?
Its the Case ID which will be on your spouse decision letter or correspondence
4. They are also asking for my spouse’s BRP number. Which BRP number do I use for them- the one for their last Tier 2 General visa or their current ILR’s?
ILR BRP No

5. In the list of documents, they are asking for only my spouse’s declaration to confirm consent for Home Office to request verification checks. Do I need to apply with my spouse as the main applicant even though they are not applying currently? We have a joint account as well. Do they sign Part 1 while I sign part 2 or vice-versa?
You are the applicant. You will sign part 1. If you are relying on any joint accounts your spouse will sign part 2 for you

6. The list of documents asks for “All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK”. I have lost one of my previous passports but I never travelled to the UK on that one. Do I still need to provide some evidence for that? If so, what would qualify as evidence?
It says all passports you used to travel to UK. So if you have not used that one it should not be a problem

7. Does my spouse have to accompany me to the visa centre on the day of my appointment?
No

8. Do I need to take my spouse’s documents with me to my appointment and/or upload them to the online application?
You will scan and upload all required docs online. However, its best to carry them to UKVCAS centre also. They will not see them however if there is any scan issue they can scan again. Only your original passport is mandatory
Apologies for the long post. Many thanks in advance for any guidance you might provide. This forum has been instrumental in my preparation.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:36 pm

If you are seeking a quick UKVCAS appointment you most likely will have to travel to another location and pay for the appointment to get a quick one, depending on where you live etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Canopus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Canopus » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Many thanks for the information tier11417. You have been very helpful. I'm fine with travelling and paying for an appointment if required. But I would like to submit the application as soon as possible, but not before being actually eligible!

Would others on this forum kindly weigh in on my situation and let me know if it would be okay for me to apply on 24/09/2019 or would that be outside the 28 day period?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Canopus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Canopus » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am

Many thanks for the link, CR001. I wasn't sure as I didn't know whether the '28 days before' included 22/10/2019 (in which case I could apply on 25/09/2019 at the earliest) or whether it excluded 22/10/2019 (in which case I could apply on 24/09/2019 at the earliest).

It seems that '28 days before' does not include the date I complete the requisite 5 year period.

Many thanks for your guidance and time.