ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences - long continuous period but below thresholds

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Absences - long continuous period but below thresholds

Post by samus » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Hello,

My wife was recently granted ILR and I am a naturalised BC so we are preparing for her naturalisation application on the three-year route at the moment.

Soon we will have a window of time where she should meet the residency requirements. My concern about it, though, is because in 2017 I took a period of unpaid leave from work and we travelled extensively outside of the UK. In total, her absences from that trip were 102 continuous days. During that time we maintained our lease in the UK, paid all utility bills, council tax, etc. - i.e. we did not change our residence/domicile outside of the UK.

In the upcoming application window we are targeting, she will have 261 absences in the three year qualifying period. Obviously that's lower than the 270 threshold, and in the past twelve months she will be well below the 90 absence threshold (probably in the low 50s).

So, is there any chance that the HO will look askance at such a long continuous absence? Should we upload an explanatory cover letter or something of that sort? Or, is it as simple as - we're under 270 / 90 and that's that?

Many thanks for any guidance/past experience.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absences - long continuous period but below thresholds

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:26 am

No. You are overthinking this.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

samus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Absences - long continuous period but below thresholds

Post by samus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:45 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:26 am
No. You are overthinking this.
Glad to hear it, thanks!