ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier-4 Dependent Visa for my wife

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guptaranjeet40
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Applying Tier-4 Dependent Visa for my wife

Post by guptaranjeet40 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi,

I recently got married in India with Hindu (Indian) Tradition and have got the Marriage Certificate from the Local Municipal Corporation office (Government of Maharashtra).
I also got my wife's Passport updated with my name added as the Husband meanwhile.

As a funded PhD student having Tier-4 visa until 20/01/2021; I have been asked to show £680/month for at least Nine months for my wife's sustenance in my account at the moment. Which I have arranged.

I have been told from Uni Advisor to present the following documents:
1) Wife's Current passport
2) Financial document (personal bank statement)
3) TB Certificate
4) Marriage Certificate
5) Copy of My Passport
6) Copy of My BRP
7) Student Status Letter with monthly funding for PhD mentioned (from Student Help Point)

I needed to clarify on the following:

1) Is the above listed details sufficient or do I need to consider something more than these to ensure that I provide all the required documents for my wife's dependent application.
2) Is the Marriage Certificate that I have got from the local Municipal Corporation acceptable by the UKVI.
3) My wife had also tried for a Short Term Student Visit Visa for doing her Masters Project in UK; but that Visa application was rejected as her college letter didn't stated very clearly that she has to carry out this project from abroad. Though we got another letter from the college after that, clearly stating the advantage for her in doing the project abroad. But by that time we had decided to have the marriage and then just apply for her as a dependent. I am considering to include this recent college letter as well in the dependent application, stating that its clearly mentioned in this letter the advantage of her project execution in UK; but will also state that since we got married, hence we didn't applied for her as a student. Rather we are applying as a dependent directly, so that we state the marriage status clearly.
4) Do I have to show any proof of marriage other than the marriage certificate.

Please suggest anything else that I need to consider.

Thank you for the great support system.

Best regards,
Ranjeet.

Ash_1709
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying Tier-4 Dependent Visa for my wife

Post by Ash_1709 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:10 am

Hi! Ranjeet in my experience I would suggest a few more documents to be added to the application.

1.Your University Registration Certificate.
2.Your Proof of residence such as Rent agreement.
3.Student Identity Card
4.Your Visa Request Letter
5.Applicant's Cover letter along with the request for visa approval and also explain the situation of visa rejection.
6.Include copy of your Visa along with BRP

Marriage Certificate if in English or Translated by authorized translator would be acceptable.If both of your passport have each other as spouse then along with your marriage certificate it will be sufficient.

Since dependent visa is considered on different parameters than student visa she would be fine with the previous rejection due to confusion in the college letter.Please do make this a part of your visa application and explain it on the "Other Information" section of your online application just before you complete it and are forwarded for Final submission.

Hope this helps !

All the best !

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:21 pm

Ash_1709 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:10 am
3.Student Identity Card
5.Applicant's Cover letter along with the request for visa approval and also explain the situation of visa rejection.
None of these things are required for a PBS Dependant application!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Ash_1709
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ash_1709 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:27 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:21 pm
Ash_1709 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:10 am
3.Student Identity Card
None of these things are required for a PBS Dependant application!
I am not contesting which is required and what is not. I am just suggesting what I was advised and what I did.