ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR vi LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR vi LR

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:29 pm

Correct.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Correct.

OMG...THANK YOU so so much, have been over thinking.

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

A few more Questions Before I submit

Post by Pariss » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:57 am

Missing Passports:
Last year my passports (2x) were stolen on a flight Heathrow to Germany and I was returned to London on the same day as I did not have passport to clear security in Germany. I have a police report and I have printed my bank statements from 2009 to prove long residence. I will also write a letter of explanation. I hope this wont affect my application and what other docs will help to show 10 yrs LR.

Family, Friends and Social Groups in Country of Nationality.
I have listed my parents, siblings and 2 friends and stated their relationship with me. I have also stated that we communicate on phone on a regular basis.

I have stated that I do not belong to any social group in country of nationality as I am not physically present there.

Travel History
I am a Canada Permanent Resident(PR) Card Holder and there is a Migrant Visa stamp on my passport will this affect my application?

Do I have to explain in a letter that I have Canada PR?

In addition I went to Canada for 10 days in April last year for PR landing, please on the reason for time spent outside UK question on the SET LR form please what do I put???

On all other travels to my country I have put family visit

Other reasons why you want to stay in UK
I have acquired a private life here in the UK where I have lived nearly half of my adult life

Consent Form
I will include only PART I as I am the only applicant and no docs in joint names???

Can someone advice on the above questions please???

Thanks in advance for your time.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:18 pm

No need to worry about any of the things you raised.
Do I have to explain in a letter that I have Canada PR?
No
I will include only PART I as I am the only applicant and no docs in joint names???
No need for consent form
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks ever so much Zimba...you're a legend.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Consent form is for the HO verification checks. Yes you have to sign part 1 only given you do not have any joint accounts or rely on any third party docs etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

I want to be sure I have filled the correct form for Set (LR) Application.

Post by Pariss » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:02 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the numerous questions and hopefully this will be my last one, I just do not want to make any mistakes. I have completed my application form and on the first page it says TYPE OF VISA/APPLICATION -Set (LR) but theres' no reference to English Language and LIUK test notification anywhere on the form.

The list of documents at the end of the form are:

1.Passport
2.Current Biometric and
3.All prev passports

It doesn't include English Language and LIUK.

Please have I completed the correct form???

Thanks
Pariss

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:05 pm

Did you miss the questions on liuk and the English requirement in the form??

Both are mandatory documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:05 pm
Did you miss the questions on liuk and the English requirement in the form??

Both are mandatory documents.
I would have thought so, I have completed the form up to the declaration stage and no ref to liuk and the English requirement. Please do you know what section it is? As I have printed out and gone through the form and cant see anything relating to it, thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:48 pm

There is a question about having a degree and naric or IELTS selt consortium test and liuk test centre infor, Impossible to miss it as you cannot progress in the application if you do not complete this section.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:03 pm

You must have incorrectly answered the original question. Thats why it is not showing in the checklist. Go to the main page, scroll down till the end, press edit at the last section and then press “back” from top left corner. Keep pressing back till it brings you back to every question. See there if you missed any question or answered incorrectly.

Printed form wont show u that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 pm

I ran a dummy SET(LR) application and confirm these questions are there.
Attachments
06DB1EB5-09D3-4229-BC7C-E3F6D44B98A0.png
06DB1EB5-09D3-4229-BC7C-E3F6D44B98A0.png (486.5 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
994D29CB-FEA6-4477-B252-523272133B42.png
994D29CB-FEA6-4477-B252-523272133B42.png (587.16 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
5D8BBFB9-3DAB-4B61-A1CF-8A6DA097C213.png
5D8BBFB9-3DAB-4B61-A1CF-8A6DA097C213.png (447.2 KiB) Viewed 1087 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Follow this step:
tier11417 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:03 pm
You must have incorrectly answered the original question. Thats why it is not showing in the checklist. Go to the main page, scroll down till the end, press edit at the last section and then press “back” from top left corner. Keep pressing back till it brings you back to every question. See there if you missed any question or answered incorrectly.

Printed form wont show u that.

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 pm
Thank you so much @tier11417 for your immense help, its says I do not have the permission to view the attached file. I'm trying to follow the steps above now, thanks once again.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Pariss wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Thank you so much @tier11417 for your immense help, its says I do not have the permission to view the attached file. I'm trying to follow the steps above now, thanks once again.
These questions are on step 2/6. Log in and log out you might be able to see the attachments then. Not sure why you cant.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:10 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 pm
Pariss wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:04 pm
tier11417 wrote:
These questions are on step 2/6. Log in and log out you might be able to see the attachments then. Not sure why you cant.
Likely as the op is newly registered with only 20 posts so doesn't have all the function abilities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Thanks ever so much @tier11417 for taking out time to complete a dummy form and many thanks to every one of you who’s always come to my rescue by responding to my numerous questions. I wasn’t able to correct the form as per @tier11417 instructions above I had to complete a new application from scratch but I think problem was due to technical glitch as the system would not have allow me completed the form without answering the Knowledge of language and life in the UK questions which are both mandatory. I also noticed the travel/previous visa refusal questions were not on the old application I completed.

I’m about to submit my application today but I’m so anxious now due to the above experience, can someone please look through the below and advice if these are the sections in the form as I want to ensure the form is correctly completed with no sections missing out.

Personal information
Name
Email address
Telephone number
Postal address (Does the form not ask for address trace/history in the last 10 years?)
Gender and
Relationship status
Nationality details/DOB/Passport Details
Immigration details/Home Office reference
Current status/NI
Personal information/Length of time in the UK
Immigration history
Immigration further details
Immigration history
Personal information/Travel History
Children
English language

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?
Yes
Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

The form has asked the above question regarding Knowledge of English and I have ticked yes to the question and stated my current visa status thus it hasn’t included Knowledge of English in my document’s checklist. Please I need advice on this ….is this fine???
Knowledge of language and life in the UK
Employment
Travel history (UK)
Convictions and other penalties
Other history
Biometric residence permit details

I suppose I need to answer no to the Other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK question as I do not have any of the listed reasons (evidence of an active relationship with a child or parent or medical evidence such as evidence of serious ill health) and it asks for supporting documents if answer is yes.

Thanks
Pariss

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Pariss wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:10 pm
Thanks ever so much @tier11417 for taking out time to complete a dummy form and many thanks to every one of you who’s always come to my rescue by responding to my numerous questions. I wasn’t able to correct the form as per @tier11417 instructions above I had to complete a new application from scratch but I think problem was due to technical glitch as the system would not have allow me completed the form without answering the Knowledge of language and life in the UK questions which are both mandatory. I also noticed the travel/previous visa refusal questions were not on the old application I completed.

I’m about to submit my application today but I’m so anxious now due to the above experience, can someone please look through the below and advice if these are the sections in the form as I want to ensure the form is correctly completed with no sections missing out.

Personal information
Name
Email address
Telephone number
Postal address (Does the form not ask for address trace/history in the last 10 years?)
Gender and
Relationship status
Nationality details/DOB/Passport Details
Immigration details/Home Office reference
Current status/NI
Personal information/Length of time in the UK
Immigration history
Immigration further details
Immigration history
Personal information/Travel History
Children
English language

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?
Yes
Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

The form has asked the above question regarding Knowledge of English and I have ticked yes to the question and stated my current visa status thus it hasn’t included Knowledge of English in my document’s checklist. Please I need advice on this ….is this fine???
Knowledge of language and life in the UK
Employment
Travel history (UK)
Convictions and other penalties
Other history
Biometric residence permit details

I suppose I need to answer no to the Other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK question as I do not have any of the listed reasons (evidence of an active relationship with a child or parent or medical evidence such as evidence of serious ill health) and it asks for supporting documents if answer is yes.

Thanks
Pariss
1) The form only asks for the current address.
2) Since you already have qualified for English Requirement at previous stage its not asking you. Anyways send your English Certificate/UK degree along with your documents to be on safer side. Mention that on the cover letter. Dont worry about the checklist.
3) Other reasons: No

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Okay thank you so much.

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to upload my documents and its coming up as per below.

Mandatory documents for ......
Below is a list of mandatory document categories for your application. Each category tab contains a description of the documents required. Please ensure that you provide a document in each of these categories.

Document Type Status

Optional documents
Below is a list of optional document categories. Please ensure you check your Access UK document checklist before including documents in the categories below. For some application routes, ‘Optional’ documents offer you the ability to provide evidence in a number of categories at your discretion to satisfy immigration rules.

Document Type Status

Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Proof of Identity / Travel History
Educational
Proof of Application

I though I'm suppose to upload just:

Current passport
Current Biometric Residence Permit
All previous passports
Life in the UK Test pass notification
English Language
???

Pariss
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pariss » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Good news, my application has been approved...indeed this is the best website on the internet.

Thanks to every one of you who responded to my numerous questions, CR001, Zimba, tier11417, aman90, you all are living legends. I can't thank you all enough.

I will post my timeline on the LR timeline topic.

Thanks
Pariss

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Pariss wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:07 pm
Good news, my application has been approved...indeed this is the best website on the internet.

Thanks to every one of you who responded to my numerous questions, CR001, Zimba, tier11417, aman90, you all are living legends. I can't thank you all enough.

I will post my timeline on the LR timeline topic.

Thanks
Pariss
Congratulations!

trawlerme
Mood:
European Union

Post by trawlerme » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 am

Congratulations! 🥳 :D

I have noticed your application was on Friday and FES appointment was on Sunday.

Mine was on Friday too and although FES appointment was on Saturday.

Still waiting. Fingers crossed 🤞