ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thank You Great Forum and Everyone Behind it

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hamalt66
Member of Standing

First British Passport-online application

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:50 am

We're about to apply for our first British passports, would appreciate your answers and feedbacks on the following:

1) can we apply online for our first passports?

2) how will the countersignature sign online, or is like the citizenship application we download a form to be signed by the referee?

3) my understanding is that the needed documents are 2 photos, filled passport forms, countersignature by a professional who knows us for at least 2 years, and our original passports that we used to enter the UK. Is there any thing else?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: First British Passport-online application

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:46 pm

1) can we apply online for our first passports?
Yes
2) how will the countersignature sign online, or is like the citizenship application we download a form to be signed by the referee?
No. You enter their email address on the from, they get an Email from the system and then they do it digitally. It is only after that you can send your application.
3) my understanding is that the needed documents are 2 photos, filled passport forms, countersignature by a professional who knows us for at least 2 years, and our original passports that we used to enter the UK. Is there any thing else?
Photo is uploaded digitally only. You need to send your certificate and passports to HMPO
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:30 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:46 pm
Photo is uploaded digitally only. You need to send your certificate and passports to HMPO
Thanks Zimaba for your kind reply.

Do we send these straight away as soon as the online application was sent?

Also please correct me if I am wrong, I have read somewhere that a special envelope or box will be sent to us to use! Or should I just send in my own envelope, via guaranteed signed for mail?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:22 pm

Do we send these straight away as soon as the online application was sent?
As soon as your referee confirms your identity
Also please correct me if I am wrong, I have read somewhere that a special envelope or box will be sent to us to use! Or should I just send in my own envelope, via guaranteed signed for mail?
You must post it yourself. You can pay for an extra fee so that your documents are posted back via secure delivery. The passport is always delivered separately via secure delivery
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:22 pm
You must post it yourself. You can pay for an extra fee so that your documents are posted back via secure delivery. The passport is always delivered separately via secure delivery
Is this extra fee payed when paying for the passport?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:39 pm

Yes

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:57 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:39 pm
Yes
Thank you very much Zimpa. Your feedback and advice are very much appreciated indeed.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

First passports, documents needed

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:07 am

Dear respected members and moderators, we (my family and I), wish to apply for our first British Passport-online. I was looking at the requirements on the gov website and would like to make sure that I only send the required documents.

As we're born outside the UK (according to the quoted paragraph below), we only need to supply the passports we used to enter into the UK along with our Citizenship Certificates (and our digital photos of course). Am I correct in presuming that we do not need to send birth certificates or any other documents?

PARAGRAPH FROM WEBSITE:

You were born outside the UK
What documents you need depend on your circumstances.

You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration

You’ll need both:

• your naturalisation or registration certificate
• the passport you used to come into the UK or the foreign passport you’re included on

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: First passports, documents needed

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Correct. No need to send non UK birth certificates

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm
Correct. No need to send non UK birth certificates
Thank you Zimba.

I have just finished applying and paying for our passports online, however I have made a mistake, not sure how grave is it. When filling in my details, the website asked if my mother (who is not UK citizen) had a passport and asked for it's number and date of issue. After submitting and filling my application and filling my mothers foreign passport details, and started the second application I discovered that they asked for the mother's UK passport not the foreign one!

Is there a way to contact the passport office to let them know that the details of my mothers foreign passport were entered by mistake and I should have selected No instead of yes? Or should I instead include a cover letter with our Citizenship Certificates and passports to explain my mistake?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:02 pm

The details of your NON-British parents are not important. Those details are often used to establish your identity if you have British parents only

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:02 pm
The details of your NON-British parents are not important. Those details are often used to establish your identity if you have British parents only
Ok thanks, it's good to know. But does that mean I shouldn't include a cover letter with my documents that will be sent to HMPassport Office to explain the inclusion of my these details?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:44 pm

NO need

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 pm

We (my wife and I) are applying for our children's passports at the same time, we have been instructed to send the following documents (see below). Should we ignore number 4 and 5 in the list, or should we still send a consent letter for children under 16?

Applicant’s documents (Children)
Send the following:

1. naturalisation or registration certificate

2. the passport used to enter the UK

3. any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled

4. any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements)

If you don’t have parental responsibility, also send the following:

5. a signed and dated letter from the mother (or other person with parental responsibility) giving consent for the issue of the child’s new passport

Plotoder
India

Post by Plotoder » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 pm
4. any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements)

5. a signed and dated letter from the mother (or other person with parental responsibility) giving consent for the issue of the child’s new passport[/i]
Presuming that there is no court order against parental responsibility. If there is, you obviously have to share it.

I applied for the passport as a father for my newborn and didn’t send any consent letter from the mother. The passport arrived without any questions asked.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:19 pm

Plotoder wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 pm
hamalt66 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 pm

5. a signed and dated letter from the mother (or other person with parental responsibility) giving consent for the issue of the child’s new passport[/i]
Presuming that there is no court order against parental responsibility. If there is, you obviously have to share it.

I applied for the passport as a father for my newborn and didn’t send any consent letter from the mother. The passport arrived without any questions asked.
Yes that's how I understood it. Thank you for your input

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Thank You Great Forum and Everyone Behind it

Post by hamalt66 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:36 pm

I have finally received my beloved Burgundy Passport. It's been a long journey with many frustrating days, weeks, months and years. The one thing that helped me through the painful waiting and the many confusions and uncertainties during this journey, is this wonderful forum.

During the last 7 years, this place has been my sanctuary and source of information. It really was my first place to go to, to find out my next step and also to decipher many of the complicated rules and laws of the immigration and naturalization process.

I really would to thank you all, not just the wonderful and knowledgeable admins, but also you the lovely regular members for your valuable feedbacks and inputs. Your kind replies to my many questions (some might have seemed silly to some, but they were genuine questions to me) are very much appreciated.

Thank very much indeed, and good luck to all who are still in the beginning or middle of their journey.