ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I can enter the UK without visa, can i then apply for tier 4 when i reach uk?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Singaporean
Newly Registered
Singapore

I can enter the UK without visa, can i then apply for tier 4 when i reach uk?

Post by Singaporean » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 am

Hi,

I am from singapore and I applied for my tier 4 visa on 4 july. I am still waiting for it and no amount of call to ukvi, uk ambassy, university can tell me why is it still processing. Ukvi also did not ask for anymore document. University said my CAS is already used.

I can enter uk without visa for 6 months. May sound odd but i am wondering if it will be ok for me to report to school first then apply for my visa in uk.

Honestly not what i would like to do but the visa just might not come by the time term start. I have my passport as I paid for the VFS premium service.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I can enter the UK without visa, can i then apply for tier 4 when i reach uk?

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:16 am

You can't apply for a student visa while in the UK as a visitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: I can enter the UK without visa, can i then apply for tier 4 when i reach uk?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:09 am

You also cannot enrol on your course as a visitor anyway.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mklmh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mklmh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Singaporean wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:53 am
Hi,

I am from singapore and I applied for my tier 4 visa on 4 july. I am still waiting for it and no amount of call to ukvi, uk ambassy, university can tell me why is it still processing. Ukvi also did not ask for anymore document. University said my CAS is already used.

I can enter uk without visa for 6 months. May sound odd but i am wondering if it will be ok for me to report to school first then apply for my visa in uk.

Honestly not what i would like to do but the visa just might not come by the time term start. I have my passport as I paid for the VFS premium service.
Hey Singaporean,

think I wrote this in the previous post.

Could you list down your timeline? Online app, email received, university CAS notification etc.

Its insane that you applied on the 4th of July and not received it. Did you apply for priority?