ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 regarding to same sex marriage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wen0511
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Stamp 4 regarding to same sex marriage

Post by wen0511 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi all! Firstly thank you so much for having this space to ask for all the questions and confusion.

I am originally from Malaysia, have completed my degree in Ireland, and now holding a stamp 1G. I met my French partner two years ago and we decided to get married! Our wedding date will be in September :D

My 1G visa will be expired five days after my wedding, and we are actually in a same sex marriage, my country is not recognising it so the best way for me to do is to continue staying here, as my partner moved into Ireland from France half year ago and living with me at the moment.

My question is, I am working at the moment so does that mean by the time when I’m applying for the visa in September I can’t engage in any jobs? And do I need to leave the country etc before I start to apply? And for this I should be given a stamp 4 right?

I am new to this so if anyone actually have any experience regarding to this, do let me know cause it’s really hard to find information about this. Thank you all so much in advance for your help!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 regarding to same sex marriage

Post by Obie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm

You may apply within the state to the minister of Justice to treat you as a permitted family member, provided your partner is working or exercising treaty rights in other capacity within the state. Once you are treated as permitted family member, you will be issued with a temporary stamp 4 pending consideration of your case.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

wen0511
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by wen0511 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 am

Obie wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm
You may apply within the state to the minister of Justice to treat you as a permitted family member, provided your partner is working or exercising treaty rights in other capacity within the state. Once you are treated as permitted family member, you will be issued with a temporary stamp 4 pending consideration of your case.
Hi Obie,

That’s good to hear! By any chance do you know it will still be the same procedure if I’m living outside Dublin?

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi

If you live outside Dublin, you will need to apply to the local Garda station/immigration officer.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:02 pm

No no, all treaty rights applications, regardless of where the individual resides in the state or whether the individual has an existing leave, must be made and sent to the minister of Justice at Burgh Quay.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

wen0511
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by wen0511 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:25 am

Obie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:02 pm
No no, all treaty rights applications, regardless of where the individual resides in the state or whether the individual has an existing leave, must be made and sent to the minister of Justice at Burgh Quay.
Hi Obie!

Jumping back to this topic again, hope you’re well! So does that mean I’ll need to fill in the EU1 form? We are planing to send it out after we have the marriage certificate, but since my graduate visa is expired soon, by any chance do you know if it will affect my rights to stay here when it’s still on the process of reviewing?

Thank you so much for this and have a great day!

wen0511
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by wen0511 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am

Hi everyone,

So we are having some problems when we are preparing the documents. Apparently we need the letter from RTB, but the thing is I was a student here in Dundalk for 4 years and we never know we need to sign up for that, don’t think a lot of landlord here are signed up for that as well..

Is this letter really necessary? Anyone has any problems getting visa without this letter? I’m just so stressed about this :?