ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds and bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidSamuels

Maintenance funds and bank statements

Post by SidSamuels » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:42 am

I am applying for tier 1 from India. I was in UK for past 1 year and have just returned to India.
My 2800GBP funds are maintained in HSBC Uk. It is difficult to get statements within 7 days of application date.
What possible options do I have in this scenario?

FYI, HSBC representative told me on phone that HSBC india could stamp the online statements. But I read that for electronic statement, a letter from bank is also required along with application. If this is true then we land up again in the same 7 day constraint.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
SidSam

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:31 pm

You must meet the 7 day requirement and also support online statements with a letter from the bank. No way out!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks. Is there any way I can get my statements delivered to India in 7 days period? I was wondering whether any one on this forum has been in this situation before and got their application approved recently.

I spoke to UK bank customer care and also to VFS contact number. None of the representatives offer satisfactory answers.

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:40 pm

Open an account in HSBC India, transfer ur funds to them, wait for a week and submit the combined UK and India bank statment.
SidSamuels wrote:Thanks. Is there any way I can get my statements delivered to India in 7 days period? I was wondering whether any one on this forum has been in this situation before and got their application approved recently.

I spoke to UK bank customer care and also to VFS contact number. None of the representatives offer satisfactory answers.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:06 pm

mbasaaga wrote:Open an account in HSBC India, transfer ur funds to them, wait for a week and submit the combined UK and India bank statment.
SidSamuels wrote:Thanks. Is there any way I can get my statements delivered to India in 7 days period? I was wondering whether any one on this forum has been in this situation before and got their application approved recently.

Unfortunately this approach would not work, because IMO transfer of money would take some time, which is more that 1 day atleast. During this time you wont be in possession of your money and this will be a gap in your 3 months continuous period.

If you would have searched the forum, you would have found following links:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=28575
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... +duplicate
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#178693
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... test+india
Also search the forum with keywords HSBC + duplicate , I am sure you will find plenty of posts which interest you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:48 am

mbasaaga wrote:Open an account in HSBC India, transfer ur funds to them, wait for a week and submit the combined UK and India bank statment.
Some people seem to give suggestions just for the heck of it! The suggestion above *will not work* and here's why -

If you are using bank statements, you cannot show that you have held the amount in account A for 2 months and account B for 1 month, thereby meeting the 3 months condition. Whatever account you use, you have to show that you have maintained the funds for 3 months in *that* account!
Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application.
If you choose to use a letter from the bank, HSBC India will not issue you a letter to confirm that you have held the amount for X months with HSBC UK. If they do issue a letter, they will only issue one to confirm the period you have maintained an account with them i.e.- HSBC India!
Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in bank for at least three months.
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks both.

I had spoken to HSBC bank and send my statements by courier and I would pay any additional fees. But the mentioned that the statements would be sent by post only.
Another option they gae me is to deliver my statements in one of their branch in 3 days. I have to give someone an authority letter to collect the same and then these could be couriered to me. But I believe the whole process will still take 7 days.

I had read about various posts on HSBc + Duplicate before posting myself here.

sushdmehta, thanks for letting me know that Account A + Account B can't be shown together. I had similar situation wherein I had transfered some money to my india bank account. But as you mentioned even this won't help.

Do you believe that best way would be to wait for another 3 months and maintain the amount in India account and then apply?
Also do we have to show the proof of where we got this money from ( in my case i transferred from my UK bank to my India savings account. This account in India is not in the same bank where I receive my salary)

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:08 am

SidSamuels wrote:Another option they gae me is to deliver my statements in one of their branch in 3 days. I have to give someone an authority letter to collect the same and then these could be couriered to me. But I believe the whole process will still take 7 days.
1. This could be done in 5 days if you carefully plan and do it. Order statement on Wednesday so that it arrives on Thursday/Friday. Ask your friend to courier it to you on Friday with 48 hour delivery guarantee, so that you receive the statement by Monday/Tuesday. This option is messy and costly. (50-100 GBP).

2. Ask your friend with authority letter to get a printed statement from Branch. (Not posted one). If he posts such printed statement on that day itself, he could courier the statement such that it reaches to withing 4/5 days. Even then you are good to go.

There are few quids to loose by trying above methods, but you can also choose to wait 3 months instead.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks CoolestGuyC.

Is there any particualr format of authority letter I should send to my friend?

Do you think the bank representative would give a printed copy to my friend? If this works out then I am sure I would get the statements in less than 7 days. Anyways, I will call my bank in UK and confirm.

Paying extra money is not an issue. Its better than loosing 50K+ INR if application is rejected :)

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:31 am

The authority letter must be signed by you, and should state that you authorize your friend to collect the account statement (from date A to date B) on your behalf. It would also be better to state the reason that you are asking for this statement(7 days rule, etc.)

In addition to that, your authority letter must also contain Friend's name and his passport number, and ask your friend to carry his passport to HSBC branch for his identification (They won't accept any other form of identification).

With above documents, they sure will print and give the statements (on the spot). (I have confirmed this from HSBC, but suggest that you also confirm this about your friend being given the statement).

Also one more suggestion, as you are applying from India, request in your letter to Bank that you need STAMP/SIGN on the statement. Also instruct your friend to accept only signed/stamped account statement from bank. (They will deny at first, but if you persist they will stamp and sign it).

I have pm'ed you the address of branch which will sign and stamp your statements.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Thanks for the details. I'll request for stamped/signed printouts.

My friend is British Citizen, would he still need passport as identification?

ktnphgmal
Newly Registered

Post by ktnphgmal » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi CoolestGuyC,

I am in the same situation as SidSamuels. Could you please kindly pm me the branch that is willing to stamp and sign the statement?

Has anyone tried this method to get the print out and successfully obtained EC?

Does the BHC accept these printed statements which are different from the normal bank statements?

Many thanks for your answer that has given bright hope to us who are trapped with the 7 days rules.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:22 pm

ktnphgmal, I have PMed you the details sent by CoolestguyC

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Ok, the branch details are as below:
431 Oxford Street, London, W1C 2DA
Tel: 08457 404 404
Opening hours are Mon - Fri unless specified
Open: 0900(Tue 0930) - 1900
(Sat.): 1100 - 1600
(Sun.): 1200 - 1600
They wont sign/stamp your statements initially, you will have to fight your way through.
This is a branch which I know, but I think that you could get statements signed and stamped in any other branch also but you would have to persist to get sign/stamp.
Has anyone tried this method to get the print out and successfully obtained EC?
The print out would be on official letter head of HSBC, but they contain a word "duplicate" on them and hence the need for sign and stamp. (although many people think they are not needed). Read the whole story here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=28575

My friend is British Citizen, would he still need passport as identification?
Best to get this answer from your Home HSBC branch(where you hold the account) or HSBC customer care or the branch from where your friend intends to collect the statements.
And if the first attempt fails for any reason to get the statement, threaten them that you would close the account. This will be enough to get your work done.

narsii

Help on Mintainace funds

Post by narsii » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi ALL, I am a newbie and have a doubt related to maintainace of funds...

I started my process for Tier -1 and put 2.5 L in my salary account .I would be applying for Tier -1 in October .i have a doubt reg the document to be provided in support of the Amount .

Source of Income :
I was in Finland for 6 months and from May'07 - Sep'07 and Perdiem ( dialy wage) was paid to me while i was aboard.
Because the PerDiem is non Taxable and is not shown in the payslips .

i used the amount i got thru the perdiem ( dialy wage)and gave it to my sister to buy a land near my native

Now i mortgaged the land and bought the money deposited in my salary account

now my question is, is it sufficient to provide a letter from my sister and get nortarised and submit that as a proof .

or is it sufficient to provide the bank statement which shows the deposit of my perdiem.

FYI , i am a salaried employee and and i am hav put the amount into the same account .

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Help on Mintainace funds

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:26 pm

narsii wrote:Hi ALL, I am a newbie and have a doubt related to maintainace of funds...

I started my process for Tier -1 and put 2.5 L in my salary account .I would be applying for Tier -1 in October .i have a doubt reg the document to be provided in support of the Amount .

Source of Income :
I was in Finland for 6 months and from May'07 - Sep'07 and Perdiem ( dialy wage) was paid to me while i was aboard.
Because the PerDiem is non Taxable and is not shown in the payslips .

i used the amount i got thru the perdiem ( dialy wage)and gave it to my sister to buy a land near my native

Now i mortgaged the land and bought the money deposited in my salary account

now my question is, is it sufficient to provide a letter from my sister and get nortarised and submit that as a proof .

or is it sufficient to provide the bank statement which shows the deposit of my perdiem.

FYI , i am a salaried employee and and i am hav put the amount into the same account .
My sincere suggestion to you is that you read the Tier 1 policy guidance, and more importantly, understand the rules.

regards

ktnphgmal
Newly Registered

Post by ktnphgmal » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi SidSamuels and CoolestGuyC,

Thanks for your information.

I will ask/authorise my friend to try it out.

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:41 am

ktnphgmal, update us after you get the statements fro bank signed and stamped.