ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O) what is declaration document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

govindrlohiya
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set(O) what is declaration document

Post by govindrlohiya » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 am

Hi,

I am on Tier-2 dependent visa. My husband who is the main visa holder has got his ILR last month. I have filled the application for my ILR. I have booked the appointment.

Here is the checklist of documents provided after I completed my application.
1. Ms Applicant's Life in the UK Test pass notification
2. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mr Main Applicant for joint accounts or third party support
3. The language test certificate for Ms Applicant to prove the level of English language required
4. Evidence of Ms Applicant's immigration status in the UK
5. Declaration signed by Mr Main Applicant to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification
checks
6. Current Biometric Residence Permit
7. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
remain in the UK

From the list above I am confused between number 2 and 5.

I know that document number 2 is the part 2 of the consent form and my husband has already signed it.
I am not sure about document number 5. What is this? Do my husband need to write a separate declaration? Or both 2 and 5 are the same thing?

This question has been asked a lot of time but I do not see a clear answer to it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set(O) what is declaration document

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:29 am

Depending on what information you have put in the form, there are 3 declaration forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

govindrlohiya
Newly Registered
India

Post by govindrlohiya » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks for your reply,

I see the part 3 of the form is about financially supporting the applicant.

I do not recall answering any questions regarding finance support during the application.

I guess there is no harm in main applicant signing this and uploading. If I do this. Do I need to provide bank statement from the main applicant as well?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:36 am

The declaration has three parts. Its a generic form which you can download while filling the form or after payment on step 7.
The applicant signs part 1
If you are relying on any joint accounts/joint name utility documents etc your husband (joint account holder) will sign part 2
If you are financially dependent on your husband, he signs part 3 also.
Its a simple declaration, not necessarily any evidence needed to back it up.
You should however, fulfil all required documents as per the checklist and guidance.

Also 2 & 5 are same.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bidibudi
Nigeria

Post by bidibudi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:02 pm

govindrlohiya wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 am
Hi,

I am on Tier-2 dependent visa. My husband who is the main visa holder has got his ILR last month. I have filled the application for my ILR. I have booked the appointment.

Here is the checklist of documents provided after I completed my application.
1. Ms Applicant's Life in the UK Test pass notification
2. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mr Main Applicant for joint accounts or third party support
3. The language test certificate for Ms Applicant to prove the level of English language required
4. Evidence of Ms Applicant's immigration status in the UK
5. Declaration signed by Mr Main Applicant to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification
checks
6. Current Biometric Residence Permit
7. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or
remain in the UK

From the list above I am confused between number 2 and 5.

I know that document number 2 is the part 2 of the consent form and my husband has already signed it.
I am not sure about document number 5. What is this? Do my husband need to write a separate declaration? Or both 2 and 5 are the same thing?

This question has been asked a lot of time but I do not see a clear answer to it.
Hi,
you made mention at the beginning of your comment above highlighted that your husband who is the main visa holder has got his ILR last month. And you have filled the application for my ILR.
1.i want to ask if you and your husband where both on same tier2 before he applied for ILR.
2.i am on a tier 2 visa and will be due for ILR 2021 march but i have a three years visa which covers me up to 6 yrs as my wife wont be 5 yrs until September. and i have concluded we all we apply in December when i will be 5 yrs and some months running.
and 3 Can i go ahead and apply as at when am 5 yrs and they can afterwards apply. wont thier tier 2 dependent visa becomes invalid as soon as i cross to ILR.
i know it seems a long way before i apply , i believe the will also enlightening some who are about applying and in same circumstance.
thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:26 pm

bidibudi wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:02 pm
Hi,
you made mention at the beginning of your comment above highlighted that your husband who is the main visa holder has got his ILR last month. And you have filled the application for my ILR.
1.i want to ask if you and your husband where both on same tier2 before he applied for ILR.
2.i am on a tier 2 visa and will be due for ILR 2021 march but i have a three years visa which covers me up to 6 yrs as my wife wont be 5 yrs until September. and i have concluded we all we apply in December when i will be 5 yrs and some months running.
and 3 Can i go ahead and apply as at when am 5 yrs and they can afterwards apply. wont thier tier 2 dependent visa becomes invalid as soon as i cross to ILR.
i know it seems a long way before i apply , i believe the will also enlightening some who are about applying and in same circumstance.
thank you.
You should start your own topic with your questions, dates and circumstances instead of tagging onto another users thread which is not only unfair to the original poster but it also creates confusion when members respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bidibudi
Nigeria

Post by bidibudi » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:26 pm
bidibudi wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:02 pm
Hi,
thank you.
You should start your own topic with your questions, dates and circumstances instead of tagging onto another users thread which is not only unfair to the original poster but it also creates confusion when members respond.
apologies, i do not mean to cause a confusion.
i will start a topic on this
just could not find a topic similar to my issue and don't want to start a topic already in existence.
Thanks.