ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA spouse of Hungarian work & entry questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Carebear
Newly Registered

non-EEA spouse of Hungarian work & entry questions

Post by Carebear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:55 am

Hi,

I am Hungarian, my husband is Indian and we both currently reside in Australia. We want to go to the UK and want to work as soon as possible after we arrive. After about a year we want to move on to another EEA country and settle.

So my questions are:

Can my non-EEA spouse work in the UK without a residence card?? (Which he will only get after I work continuously for 12 months and obtain registration certificate)

My Hungarian passport has expired but my Hungarian ID card is still valid (issued in 2001, expires in 2011) can we take the EU member que at UK airport immigration with my ID card? Will they let me in with just the ID card? (My husband will have the EEA Family Permit.) I also have Australian passport and could take the non-EU que but then how will my husband get in? He only has Indian passport with Australian temporary residency permit.

It is not worth renewing my Hungarian passport from Australia as it is a process that takes up to 12 months and we want to be in Europe by Christmas.

Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: non-EEA spouse of Hungarian work & entry questions

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:37 pm

So my questions are:

Can my non-EEA spouse work in the UK without a residence card?? (Which he will only get after I work continuously for 12 months and obtain registration certificate)
I am uncertain if your spouse is able to work in the UK (with the EEA family permit) before you complete 12 months under the WRS. You can contact the HO to find out before/after you arrive in the UK.
My Hungarian passport has expired but my Hungarian ID card is still valid (issued in 2001, expires in 2011) can we take the EU member que at UK airport immigration with my ID card? Will they let me in with just the ID card? (My husband will have the EEA Family Permit.) I also have Australian passport and could take the non-EU que but then how will my husband get in? He only has Indian passport with Australian temporary residency permit.
If your Hungarian ID card is a recognised and accepted form, then I don't see why not. Do ensure that it is a photo ID though. 2ndly, I believe your husband can join you on the EU queue. This makes going through immigration a whole lot easier.
Hope this helps

Carebear
Newly Registered

ID Card

Post by Carebear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Thanks for the quick response. My ID is card is a photo card, although the photo is B&W.

It was made before Hungary joined the EU but it does state 'Republic of Hungary Identity Card' with my B&W photo, name, some sort of reference number and card expiry on the front and date of birth and place of birth on the back with some more reference numbers.

So is this a recognised and accepted ID?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: ID Card

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:52 pm

Carebear wrote:Thanks for the quick response. My ID is card is a photo card, although the photo is B&W.

It was made before Hungary joined the EU but it does state 'Republic of Hungary Identity Card' with my B&W photo, name, some sort of reference number and card expiry on the front and date of birth and place of birth on the back with some more reference numbers.

So is this a recognised and accepted ID?
You best check with your embassy