ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave granted but confused with the wording. Any advice?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MILOLINDO12
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Leave granted but confused with the wording. Any advice?

Post by MILOLINDO12 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi,

I have applied for spouse visa extension and I am really confused about the wording of the document we have received yesterday. Can someone help, please.

We submitted an application for FLR but the wording in the doucment saying something else and we can't get over it.

"On 7 July 2019 , You have submitted an application for limited leave to remain as a partner route. I am writing to inform you that you have been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain under paragraph D-LTRP1.1 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules as we are satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph R-LTRP.1.1 (a), (b) and (c) of these rules. You may be eligible to apply for settlement after completing at least 5 years under this route."

Also on the back of that letter below was mentioned:

"Future application: [/b]You should apply for further leave in the prescribed manner prior to the expiry of your current leave. Please note you must continue to meet the requirements of the immigration rules, including the time of all future applications. if you mee the criteria set ou in the immigration rules, you will be given a further period of leave of 30 months. Following a continuous period of lawful leave to remain the in the UK of at least five years ( 60 months) and subject meeting the requirements of the immigration roles you may be eligible for indefinite leave to remain""[/i]

Can someone explain the above, please? why they want my wife to apply for another 30 months before applying for ILR? She has already been in the UK 33 months and on the completion of 30 months will be over 5 years.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Leave granted but confused with the wording. Any advice?

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:48 pm

You already have an existing topic. Why start another duplicate one!!

immigration-for-family-members/leave-gr ... l#p1821453
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.