ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply for extension from abroad

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sagarjv

Can we apply for extension from abroad

Post by sagarjv » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Hello All

Please let me know if we can apply for HSMP extension from abroad (i.e. from my home country).

The reason for this is my Visa is expiring in Sep-2008 and I am travelling to my home country in Aug-08. I am planning to stay in my home country for 1 month. When I comeback from my home country to UK, my visa will be valid for only 10 days. As well at present my wife is in my home country and if it is possible to apply for extension of visa and if I can club my wife's extension along with mine, I can save few £££.

Please advise me.

Cheers
Sagar

sagarjv

Post by sagarjv » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:45 pm

FYI:
I spoke to Home Office and I was told that if I apply from abroad, it'll be treated as new application instead of extension.

it is a bit crazy though!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:19 pm

sagarjv wrote:FYI:
I spoke to Home Office and I was told that if I apply from abroad, it'll be treated as new application instead of extension.

it is a bit crazy though!!
No it isn't. You've to understand what extension is - applying for a further leave to remain - which can only be done from within UK. You don't apply for a "leave to remain" from outside UK but a "leave to enter".

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!