ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhigauri
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Visa

Post by abhigauri » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and working in IT company, now my company is ready to sponsor my visa.

1) So, i think I have to go back to India to apply Tier 2 General visa?
2) I have done BA Hon in English from University of Delhi? Can anyone please reply that this degree holds good to get Points for English language? Also is this mandatory to get the certificate from NARIC for English knowledge or is that fine if i will send only the degree(for English knowledge) to apply visa?

Please help.

Thanks,
Gauri

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 2 General Visa

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:27 am

abhigauri wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 am
Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa and working in IT company, now my company is ready to sponsor my visa.

1) So, i think I have to go back to India to apply Tier 2 General visa? - Correct.Also bear in mind that your employer completes an RLMT unless exempt.
2) I have done BA Hon in English from University of Delhi? Can anyone please reply that this degree holds good to get Points for English language? Also is this mandatory to get the certificate from NARIC for English knowledge or is that fine if i will send only the degree(for English knowledge) to apply visa? - You will need to prove english language proficiency by either getting your degree verified by NARIC by providing a letter from your university that the degree was taught in english (although it is an english honours degree) or do an approved english level test. Degree alone in the visa application will not do

Please help.

Thanks,
Gauri

abhigauri
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General Visa

Post by abhigauri » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. Much appreciated..!!!