ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed plz

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BILL33
Newly Registered

Naturalization Questions

Post by BILL33 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi, I just want to ask couple of questions. Can I apply for British naturalization?
I'm non EU family member and I had visa ,when I got married with polish lady.
But When I applied for EU family permit. I was refused visa 2 times then I got visa on third time. Now I have permanent card after 6 year. When I got permanent card. Home Office said, I'm due my British citizenship.
1. Should I apply for British citizenship now?
2 . Should I wait 10 years for that time .bcoz I was refused EU family permit?

BILL33
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization Questions

Post by BILL33 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:29 am

Hi, can anybody answer my question plz. Very much appreciated.thks

BILL33
Newly Registered

Help needed plz

Post by BILL33 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi, I'm non eu family member of EU member. I need help with British citizenship eligibility.
I was on valid student visa , when i got married with EU national. My Student visa got expired after two months later. When I applied for first time family permit.
but I was refused eu family permit two times in 2011 n 2012. On third time, I have five year family permit in 2013.
when I applied for permanent residence, home office said ,I got permanent residence in 2017.
I only want to know.
Can I apply for British citizenship right now or
Do I have to wait for 10 years bcoz family permit was refused?
Some say. As long as u had valid visa, when u were married with EU national. You don't consider overstayed.

BILL33
Newly Registered

Re: Help needed plz

Post by BILL33 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:01 pm

can anybody help me with above question.thanks

EntertainME
Newly Registered
Somalia

Re: Naturalization Questions

Post by EntertainME » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:52 pm

BILL33 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:29 pm
Hi, I just want to ask couple of questions. Can I apply for British naturalization?
I'm non EU family member and I had visa ,when I got married with polish lady.
But When I applied for EU family permit. I was refused visa 2 times then I got visa on third time. Now I have permanent card after 6 year. When I got permanent card. Home Office said, I'm due my British citizenship.
1. Should I apply for British citizenship now?
2 . Should I wait 10 years for that time .bcoz I was refused EU family permit?

From my understanding, you can apply to become a naturalized citizen;
''if you’re over 18 and have had one of the following for 12 months:

indefinite leave to remain in the UK
‘settled status’ (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain under the EU Settlement Scheme’)
indefinite leave to enter the UK (permission to move to the UK permanently from abroad)
You will not need to wait 12 months to apply if you’re married to a British citizen.''

Source: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... -to-remain

BILL33
Newly Registered

Post by BILL33 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:16 am

Thanks for reply. But I only want to know. Home office refused me EU family permit two times and I didn't have any other visa that time.
Do I become overstayer or not?

You know. They say,you don't need EU family permit to live in UK. You only need family permit for work and traveling out of UK.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:08 am

BILL33 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:16 am
Thanks for reply. But I only want to know. Home office refused me EU family permit two times and I didn't have any other visa that time.
Do I become overstayer or not?

You know. They say,you don't need EU family permit to live in UK. You only need family permit for work and traveling out of UK.
Ok, look back to the last 10 years. We are in 2019, so:

from 2009 to 2019, were you ever illegally present in the UK?

If you were illegally present in the UK during the last 10 years, they may refuse your application and keep the money. They will ask you to apply when you get 10 years of clear immigration history.