ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

studying

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hayats
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

studying

Post by hayats » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi, hope I'm posting in the right board.
I'm going to apply for FLR (FP), when I recieve the HO confirmation letter, can I use it to apply for courses such as functional english or ESOL?

thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: studying

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:04 pm

What is your current visa immigration status??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hayats
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hayats » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:55 pm

I overstayed my visitor visa 14 years ago.

Around 7 years ago I applied with my husband and 2 daughters as his dependents, they grant him and the girls DLR (6 years route) and asked me to apply seprately, but after a long wait they refused my case, went for JR still the gudge refused. Now after my husband got his ILR and my children got their british passports I'm applying again.

My solicitor said qualifications and certeficates strengthen my case, but the only one I have is a university degree from my home country. Colleges here always asked for ID wich I don't have, all my documents are with HO since I applied the first time .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:10 pm

The home office letter won't be enough. They will expect to see your I'd and a brp card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:17 pm

hayats wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:55 pm

My solicitor said qualifications and certeficates strengthen my case .
Other than meeting the English language requirement (if any) the qualifications/degrees have no weight on the case.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hayats
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hayats » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Ok, thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm

hayats wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm
Ok, thank you
Remember outside the visa matters the qualifications and degrees have indeed weight & value and a degree is a real passport. If you can then never give up your study at least your desire/struggle to learn something new. That's what I used to say to my students.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hayats
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hayats » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:23 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm
hayats wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm
Ok, thank you
Remember outside the visa matters the qualifications and degrees have indeed weight & value and a degree is a real passport. If you can then never give up your study at least your desire/struggle to learn something new. That's what I used to say to my students.

That's true. Even though I couldn't join any college but I'm learning and improving my skills online and with my children, hopefully one day after I sort my immigration status I can fulfill my dreams and goals .