ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hattrix
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Passport questions

Post by Hattrix » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Hi!

I just got my letter in the post to confirm my application for citizenship is successful and I need to go to a citizenship ceremony.. I will be calling tomorrow to schedule!

However I am doing some travelling in October and November and don’t know how this will impact things.

I hold a US passport now with ILR. I understand that after my ceremony my ILR will no longer be valid. Does this mean I cannot leave and enter the UK on my US passport anymore? I am thinking of doing the ceremony before I travel and waiting until after my November trip to apply for my British passport.

I would appreciate any help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport questions

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Suggest do your ceremony once you are back. You have 90 days to attend.

Once you attend the ceremony, you have to send your ilr brp card back to ho within 5 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.