ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa Query - Spouse and Two children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Spouse and Kids Settlement Visa Query

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:17 am

Hi All,

I am a British Citizen and I am planning to apply for settlement visas for my wife and two kids.
I have prepared the documentation to the best of my knowledge but have some queries as below.

1. I understand, I have to complete three application forms, but what about appendix? Do I need to complete VAF4A Appendix 2 for all three applicants? Also, do I need to complete VAF4A Appendix 1 for the kids?

2. Do I need to complete the VAF 4A Appendix 1 for the kids separately?

3. Applicants will apply from India, and there are a few original docs that is in their possession (Original marriage Cert, TB Cert, English Language Cert). Am I right to assume, my wife takes these to VFS in India and they only take photocopies, she can then courier the originals to me in UK, and I can send them along with all the other originals to Sheffield from the UK. Have i got this right?

4. I have been away from my family for last 18 months or so, as I was gathering all the proofs required for self employment (ltd company) route. I visited my family every 3-4 months for an average 3 weeks. For relationship proof, I will be sending the Marriage Cert, Birth certs for kids, flight tickets for my visits, whatsapp call logs, photos over the last eight years of our marriage. However, I have not transferred any funds to support them, as we have some income from India. I am saving some money for deposit towards a house, so we decided it was best for them to live off India income. So there are no proofs of fund transfer over the last 18 months? Is this an issue?

5. Another issue is, some of the documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate for kids) are laminated. Is this acceptable?

I know it's a long list but would really appreciate your support. As it is a very expensive application for us, we want to ensure we are extremely diligent.

BR,
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse and Kids Settlement Visa Query

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:21 am

1. You need 3 x VAF4A and 3 x Appendix 2.

2. Appendix 1 is only relevant if BOTH parents are British or hold ILR.

3. I believe so.

4. No issue re funds transfer.

5. This could be a problem as they won't be able to verify the documents are genuine and authentic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:44 pm

Many thanks CR0001

Getting marriage certs and birth certs re-issued from the authorities will be a nightmare. Do we know of anyone having success with laminated documents submitted?

6. Also, the sponsorship form (SU07) - do I need to submit 3 copies of this form too?

7. And for accommodation requirements, I will be renting a 3 bed house starting 10th of March. So I will only have tenancy agreement, and Landlord NOC. No council tax or other bill receipts. Would this suffice?

BR,
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Getting marriage certs and birth certs re-issued from the authorities will be a nightmare. Do we know of anyone having success with laminated documents submitted?
Not that I can recall but there might have been.
6. Also, the sponsorship form (SU07) - do I need to submit 3 copies of this form too?
Not required for any of them.
7. And for accommodation requirements, I will be renting a 3 bed house starting 10th of March. So I will only have tenancy agreement, and Landlord NOC. No council tax or other bill receipts. Would this suffice?
Should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa Query - Spouse and Two children

Post by confusedukdesi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Dear all,

I am close to completing the settlement application for my wife and two kids. I am a British Citizen and using the self employed route (Director - Category F). I have filled the application form on the new UKVCAS portal and now completing the VAf4A - Appendix 2. I would be really grateful if someone could answer the following questions urgently.
  • Do I need to fill VAf4A - Appendix 2 for two kids as well? If yes, there are many questions that do not make sense for kids. Couple of examples below:-
    "Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since yourwedding or civil partnership ceremony)?"
    "Are either you or your sponsor currently married to or in a civil partnership with another person?"

I was thinking of just saying "Not Applicable (N/A)" for such questions. Is that OK?
  • On the payment front, can I use netbanking from an Indian bank account to pay the visa fees and IHS? Or does it have to be a credit card?
  • Also, do I need to complete the SU07 Sponsorship form?
  • Once the visas are issued (fingers crossed), I am planning to go India and come with the family, all four of us, however there is a possibility I might not able to do this, and my wife and kids will need to come on their own. Do I need to write a consent letter and submit as evidence for kids?
  • We are planning to use the self upload facility to submit evidence. Am I right in assuming, my wife only needs to take passports and photos with the printout of the form and appendix to her bio-metrics appointment? She will be attending the bio-metrics appointment at VFS Cochin. Does anyone have experience using the self upload process
  • I've read many threads discussing bank statements and how strict UKVI are with in regards to them. With the self upload, is it OK to upload electronic bank statements? Or should I be scanning the paper statements and then upload the pdf's?

Thanks in advance.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa Query - Spouse and Two children

Post by confusedukdesi » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:29 am

Thanks for merging the topics. For some reason, I could not find my original thread.

Any advice on my follow up questions please?

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:30 pm

Hello experts,

Any advice? I am getting close to submission.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi All,

Desperately need your help with my application.

I have to pay for 3 applications from India and I don't have any debit or credit cards that have such a high limit (Almost 450K INR for Visa fee and 320K for IHS fee). Paypal/ Skrill do not allow adding funds to wallet from Indian bank account.

Is there any other option ? Please advise.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:45 pm

confusedukdesi wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:38 pm
Hi All,

Desperately need your help with my application.

I have to pay for 3 applications from India and I don't have any debit or credit cards that have such a high limit (Almost 450K INR for Visa fee and 320K for IHS fee). Paypal/ Skrill do not allow adding funds to wallet from Indian bank account.

Is there any other option ? Please advise.
Fee can also be paid with UK debit card/credit card but usually the UKVI currency exchange rate are considerably different than in market.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

confusedukdesi
Newly Registered

Post by confusedukdesi » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a UK credit card either with such a high limit. Also, don't have the amount in UK bank due to a personal situation.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:57 pm

Usually all banks allow bigger transactions even beyond the limit on informing & instructing them in advance. If still you couldn't be able which must be impossible then you can ask someone with higher limit to assist you to pay the fee.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.