ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born Baby India/UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishpa

New Born Baby India/UK

Post by krishpa » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi all,
I am in need of very value advise regarding the baby born in the UK or in India.

I am on ILR my partner on my dependent, she's not in ILR yet.

My Questions are:
1. If the child is born in India - which visa do I have to apply for the Child to come to the UK(shall I apply for settlement)
2.when the baby has arrived in the UK what are procedures to get the settlement as I am on ILR.
3. If the child is born in the UK - I know I can go apply British PP for the infant straight but how about getting the OCI of India. and the process of this?

Please suggest Pros and Cons!!

Many Thanks,

Kris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Born Baby India/UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Does your spouse have a PBS dependent visa as you were previously tier 2 general or does she have a flr m spouse visa?

Your child has ok entitlement to register as British if not UK born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:11 pm

No, we had to change hers to my ILR dependant as my partner has reset when we applied.

SO now she is on my ILR dependent, ( she is not on ILR).

Could you please clarify?

If the child born in India- what are the process as I am on ILR.

So we can do accordingly, whether to be in the UK or in India.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Child will apply for same visa as your spouse and will follow the same immigration path and apply for ilr when your spouse does.

Did you get ilr based on tier 2 or on 10nyeara long residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:17 pm
Child will apply for same visa as your spouse and will follow the same immigration path and apply for ilr when your spouse does.------------->>>>>> for the clarification; So If we had to go to India for the Birth which application form do we need to make up? does the child has to stay for 5 years to get his ILR? or shall we apply for the settlement when brought up here?

Did you get ilr based on tier 2 or on 10nyeara long residence?
-------------------->>>>>>>>> Yes, my ILR on 10 years Long Residence route.

So in summary- looks like more advantages on saving money on applications and hassles then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 am

Child settlement visa which will be granted in line with your wife's visa. Child can apply for ilr when wife does. Visa fee of £1523 plus £2200 IHS

If child is born in the UK,child is automatically British and can apply for a passport directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:06 am
Child settlement visa which will be granted in line with your wife's visa. Child can apply for ilr when wife does. Visa fee of £1523 plus £2200 IHS

If child is born in the UK,child is automatically British and can apply for a passport directly.
Ok, I am on ILR. do I have to be a British Citizen in order to apply for the passport for the child directly or is ILR enough to apply the passport?

Then what are the process to get OCI card once got the passport or before British pssport. do I have any register with the Indian embassy in order to get the OCI?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Ok, I am on ILR. do I have to be a British Citizen in order to apply for the passport for the child directly or is ILR enough to apply the passport?
A child born in the UK to an ILR holder or a British citizen is born British automatically.
Then what are the process to get OCI card once got the passport or before British pssport. do I have any register with the Indian embassy in order to get the OCI?
Please ask your OCI questions in the Other Countries sub forum, link below. These questions are not relevant to the British citizenship sub forum. Note that if a child is born British and the other parent is Indian, the child has both nationalities till the age of 18.

other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)