ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport: Blue or Burgundy?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andromedax
Newly Registered
Brazil

British Passport: Blue or Burgundy?

Post by Andromedax » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:18 pm

I'd like to know from the people who recently got their British passports which they've been given and whether or not the words "European Union" were written on their passports.

I've read on the Gov website that since March 2019 they started to phase out the burgundy passports and slowly they are issuing the blue ones, just wanted to know from the members their experience. Thanks!

Plotoder
India

Re: British Passport: Blue or Burgundy?

Post by Plotoder » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:27 pm

Got first passport for my newborn last month.

Does not have the words European Union on it and it’s still burgundy.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Passport: Blue or Burgundy?

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:41 am

Blue passports have not been introduced yet presumably because that is the post Brexit plan. Currently it is the same as before but all refrences to the European Union is removed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice