ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for child British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ankit_patel291
Newly Registered

Application for child British passport

Post by ankit_patel291 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi All

I recently got ILR and now applying for british passport for my son. He born in UK and currently holding Indian passport. When he born that time I had business visa in the UK.

I have queries regarding his british naturalisation application. Should I need to apply it before applying British passport or I can apply direct British passport for him..

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Application for child British passport

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:46 am

Children do NOT naturalise, they get registered. As your son was born in the UK when you were not settled, he is not British yet.
He is entitled to be registered as British citizen now. Apply to register him using form MN1. When approved and after his certificate of registration arrived, you can then apply for his passport
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice