ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts in the MN1 application Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scher

Apply first British Passport from india for child

Post by scher » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi gskall,
I have recently got ILR And I would like to apply for British Citizenship for my 4 years old son who born here in uk in 2015 but staying now in India from past 3 years with his grandparents. My son have Indian passport and Birth certificates from uk and India. I am planning to bring back my son to here. My son left to India without any visa. my wife is currently on Tier 2 dependent visa and planning to apply for flr(m) visa soon..

So Now I would like to apply for my son's British Citizenship [using MN1 Form online] from uk while my son is in India. I would like to know that

Do we need to post any of our(parents) original documents to India [like Passports and BRP cards] if so please let me know what documents do we need to post for his MN1 application process

Could you please clarify on this

Thanks and Regards,
scher.

silentsmile
United Kingdom

Re: Apply first British Passport from india for child

Post by silentsmile » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:38 pm

Hello bro

I am exactly in the same boat and so similar read my post too you will get help more. :)

scher

Post by scher » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:41 am

Hi SilentSmile and CR001 and gurus,
Thank you very much for your reply, I would like to know that After getting my son's British Citizenship using MN1 application, Can he comeback to UK with Indian passport and with out any UK visa..if it is not going to be possible with out any visa then which visa do I need to apply and how much it will cost us and how long its going to take ..
I would like to bring my son after getting his British citizenship to uk if possible and then I would like to apply for British passport to my son from uk because i came to know that applying british passport will take long time ie may be 3 to 6 months..

please clarify on this..
Thanks and Regards,
scher.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 am

I would like to know that After getting my son's British Citizenship using MN1 application, Can he comeback to UK with Indian passport and with out any UK visa.
No. He won't be able to board a plane with out a British passport or CoE/RoA as proof of his right to enter the UK. A registration certificate is not a travel document.
if it is not going to be possible with out any visa then which visa do I need to apply and how much it will cost us and how long its going to take ..
You can't apply for a visa if you child is British. A British citizen is NOT subject to immigration control so you cannot apply for a visa.
I would like to bring my son after getting his British citizenship to uk if possible and then I would like to apply for British passport to my son from uk because i came to know that applying british passport will take long time ie may be 3 to 6 months..
The only option you have is to apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode. https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply ... ntitlement
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gskall
India

Post by gskall » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:21 am

Hi Scher,

To apply MN1 for child living outside UK, we sent below documents in post to home office.

Passport and visa of both parents.
child long birth certificate
child passport photocopy of all pages.
parents marriage certificate
child photo

When grandparent takes child to biometrics, a consent letter from parents, grandparent proof(we showed indian passport), biometric letter is required.

Thanks,

scher

Post by scher » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:51 am

Hi CR001,
Thank you very much for your reply..I would like to clarify another doubt I have if you dont mind..
Can I apply for Visitor visa for my son to bring my son to uk from India and then Can I start his British Citizenship using MN1 application form and then will apply for his British Passport from uk and then surrender his Indian passport to any one of VFS offices in uk...please clarify on this
Thanks and Regards,
scher.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:08 am

scher wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:51 am
Hi CR001,
Thank you very much for your reply..I would like to clarify another doubt I have if you dont mind..
Can I apply for Visitor visa for my son to bring my son to uk from India and then Can I start his British Citizenship using MN1 application form and then will apply for his British Passport from uk and then surrender his Indian passport to any one of VFS offices in uk...please clarify on this
Thanks and Regards,
scher.
No you cannot apply for a visitor visa. You will have to apply for a tier 2 dependent visa, same as your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scher

Post by scher » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:26 am

Hi CROO1 And GSKALL,
Thank you so much for the information you guys have provided..

I would like to start my son's Citizenship application from uk soon, so I would like to know that

Do we need to send photocopies of my and my wife's Passport and BRP cards to Home Office in UK in post or
Original Passport and BRP cards in post to UK home office..i guess we dont need to post Passport and BRP cards to INDIA.

Similarly Do we need to send Original Marriage certificate or Photocopy of Marriage certificate to Home Office in UK in post

Original Child long birth certificate is in India along with my son...so shall I send Photocopy of my Child long birth certificate to Home Office in UK in post

please clarify on this..
Thanks and Regards,
scher.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:38 am

Do we need to send photocopies of my and my wife's Passport and BRP cards to Home Office in UK in post or
Original Passport and BRP cards in post to UK home office..i guess we dont need to post Passport and BRP cards to INDIA.

Similarly Do we need to send Original Marriage certificate or Photocopy of Marriage certificate to Home Office in UK in post

Original Child long birth certificate is in India along with my son...so shall I send Photocopy of my Child long birth certificate to Home Office in UK in post
Everything is done online and through UKCVAS. Originals are not sent to HO. Your child also needs to enrol biometrics so you will have to make it clear that the child is abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

scher

Post by scher » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 am

Hi CR001,
Thank you so much for the information provided..
Thanks and Regards,
scher

scher

Re: Apply British Citizenship using MN1 from india for child

Post by scher » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi CR001 and Gurus,
I have started filling Citizenship application[MN1 Form online] for my son who born in uk but currently staying in India with his grandparents. I came across some questions which I have answered as mentioned below but would like to cross verify what I have answered is correct if not please correct me..

Under Personal Information section:

Email, Telephone numbers, Residential Address section

I have given my mobile number,email and my current address ..is it ok to do as my son is currently staying in India so do i need to give his address in india

Parent or legal guardian details section:

Qusetion) Does your parent or legal guardian share your address, telephone number and email?
Answer) Yes

I have answered Yes to the above question..is it ok?

Question) Is this parent / legal guardian settled in the UK?

I have Answered Yes for me as I got ILR recently and No For my wife as she is on Tier 2 dependent visa and currently filling her FLR(M) application...is it ok?

Residency details section:

Question)Do you live in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory?

I have answered as No as my son is currently living with his grandparents in India..is it ok?

Parent's immigration status Section:

Question)Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

I have answered Yes , as I have recently got ILR ...is it ok?

Please clarify my doubts,
Thanks and Regards,
scher

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Parent's immigration status Section:

Question)Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?

I have answered Yes , as I have recently got ILR ...is it ok?
The answer to this question is NO as you have not got PR under the EEA or EU rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

scher

Post by scher » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 am

Hi CR001,
Thanks a lot for your reply, Could you also please advise me on below queries

I have given my mobile number,email and my current address ..is it ok to do as my son is currently staying in India so do i need to give his address in india

Parent or legal guardian details section:

Qusetion) Does your parent or legal guardian share your address, telephone number and email?
Answer) Yes

I have answered Yes to the above question..is it ok?

Residency details section:

Question)Do you live in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory?

I have answered as No as my son is currently living with his grandparents in India..is it ok?

Your responsible adult's information:

This section contains text as mentioned below:
You must have an adult of at least 18 years old with you when you give your biometrics.

I have mentioned his grandfather name in this section as he will take my son to Biometrics in India

Then I came across this question as mentioned below asking me that whether my son's Grandfather is your parent or legal guardian?

question) Is Mr Firstname Surname your parent or legal guardian?

I have answered Yes....is it ok?

if I answer No then Form has shown me another 2 questions to answer as mentioned below

Q1)What is your relationship to Mr Firstname Surname ?
For example, your uncle, teacher or family friend.

Q2)Why will you not have a parent or legal guardian with you?
Maximum of 500 characters

Please clarify my doubts,
Thanks and Regards,
scher

scher

Post by scher » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi Zimba,CR011 And gurus,
Could you please reply on the above queries..
Thanks and Regards,
scher

scher

Doubts in the MN1 application Form

Post by scher » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi Gurus,
I have recently got ILR And I would like to apply for British Citizenship for my 4 years old son who born here in uk in 2015 but staying now in India from past 3 years with his grandparents. I am planning to bring back my son to here. My son left to India without any visa. my wife is currently on Tier 2 dependent visa and planning to apply for flr(m) visa soon..
I have started filling Citizenship application[MN1 Form online] for my son and I came across some questions which I have answered as mentioned below but would like to cross verify what I have answered is correct if not please correct me..

I have given my mobile number,email and my current address in Dundee for above 3 fields ..is it ok to do as my son is currently staying in India so do i need to give his address in india..please clarify on this..thanks,scher

scher

Re: Doubts in the MN1 application Form

Post by scher » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 am

Hi Gurus,
Can some one please confirm that I am filling right application form..I have gone through the link as mentioned below
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1

Once I have filled the application, I have seen the fee is 1012..once I pay the fee then will I be able to see the link for sopra website to upload my documents ..

I am just wondering whether I have selected new system or old system??

Please clarify on this,
Thanks and Regards,
scher.

scher

Post by scher » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi All,
I would like to clarify doubts I have regarding referees..

For first referee, MN1 form says:

Referees must:
not be a relative, solicitor or agent of the applicant
not be related to the other referee
not be employed by the Home Office
know or have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years
they are willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant
advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be registered
Referees must also not have been convicted of an imprisonable offence. A single non-custodial sentence may be disregarded if:
it did not occur within the last 12 months
there is strong evidence showing that the referee is of good character
This referee must be the holder of a British Citizen passport (and either a professional person or over the age of 25)

So Can I put my colleague as a first referee who is my colleague, working as a software developer and she is British Citizen and she is over 25.

For second referee, MN1 form says:

This referee should be a person (of any nationality) who has professional standing.
This can include a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body such as an
accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).

So Can i put my friend who is currently working as a doctor in uk and he is a British Citizen

My son who born here in uk and Currently staying in India but my referees are happy to give their references to my son...is it ok to go ahead??

Please clarify on these three queries..
Thanks and Regards,
scher

scher

Post by scher » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi CR001,

I would like to inform you that I have almost finished my application but have doubt regarding Residential Address section as mentioned below

While filling Residential address section do we give child address in India or do we give my home address in uk..I have also mentioned that my son is not living in uk currently..

Please clarify on this, thanks in advance.
scher

scher

Post by scher » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:17 am

Hi All,
I have completed filling my application, I have mentioned that my son is currently in India and I have mentioned his Address in India under personal details section.I am on the payment page now. After payment section i think i will be navigated to Sopra website where I will upload and Book Biometrics section.

I would like to clarify one doubt I have before going ahead..
My question is do i get option to book Biometric in India or Do I get options only for UK Biometric centres??

Please Clarify,
Thanks and Regards,
scher

gskall
India

Post by gskall » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 am

Hi Scher,

As far as i know, MN1 application for kid living outside UK can be done by post only. Please double check on this aspect. In our case we posted all docs to homeoffice and they sent biometric letter to our email mentioning biometrics to be given in India.

Thanks

scher

Post by scher » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:46 am

Hi Moderators and GSKALL,
I would like to inform you that I have submitted my child's application and after payment page I have asked to post documents as per the checklist in the application form..I have not seen any link to sopra website to upload my documents and to book Bio metric appointment..so I think it is a different process all together if child is abroad currently..

Could you please let me know the adress, that you have posted..Also I can send myne and my wife's Original passports and BRP'S to home office but my child's passport is in India so can i send photocopy of his passport..please clarify on this..

Thanks and Regards,
scher

scher

Shall I Post xerox copy of my son's Passport for MN1 application

Post by scher » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:31 am

Hi Gskall , SRI7,and Moderators,
I am going to post my form and documents to the following address,

Department 1
UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

As my son is currently staying in India so can I post xerox copy of his passport along with other original required documents as part of MN1 application.I think my son needs his passport with him to do his bio metrics in India.. I have his original Full birth certificate in uk so I am going to post this along with original Parent's Passports, BRP cards, Marriage certificate,Referee forms and Parent's Consent letter..

Please clarify on this,
thanks in advance,
scher

scher

Can I post Photocopy of my son's Passport for his Citizenship application

Post by scher » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:17 am

Hi All,
I have filled and Submitted my son's MN1 application and Now I would like to post the documents as advised.
My Son born in UK and he is staying in India along with his grandparents so can i post photocopy of his passport along with other documents..
Please clarify on this,
Thanks and Regards,
scher

scher

Post by scher » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi All,
I would like to thank all moderators here who guided me in obtaining my son's citizenship using MN1.
I would also like to share the information which might be helpful for the guys who will be in my position in future..

1.I could not post my wife's passport and her Tier 2 dependent visa card as she was needing to apply for her FLR(M) application. so we have sent my wife's Photocopies of her passport and visa attested by uk solicitor.
Also as my son has been staying in India with his passport so again we have submitted Photocopies of my son's passport attested by Indian solicitor and then I have written a letter explaining the reasons for submitting the solicitor attested Photocopies. I have provided remaining original documents for example my original Passport and ILR brp card along with other required docs.

2. I have provided 2 referees from uk as mentioned below

Referee one: My colleague at work who is a british citizen and referee is 30 years old.

Referee two [Professional referee]: My friend who works as a GP in uk who is also a british citizen.

I would like to mention that these referees are not contacted by UKVI during my son's citizenship application process.

3. After posting the documents to the address as mentioned in the application form, I have waited for 4 weeks or so for Biometric appointment letter. As i did not get the letter then I have emailed to NationalityBiometricsOverseas@homeoffice.gov.uk
requesting for updates on the application. Then they have sent Biometric appointment letter to my email.

My son's grandparents took my son to Biometrics centre in Hyderabad,India and done his Biometrics.

After 4 weeks of his Biometrics finally I got confirmation email stating that my son's Citizenship is approved and also they have sent all my documents and my son's Citizenship certificate to India.

Overall process took around two and half months.

I Hope the information i have provided will be useful..Good luck to all..

Manali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Manali » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:27 pm

Hello Scher
First of all,Congrats for getting through MN1 application process and I am glad I found this thread because I am in the same situation. I would please request you to clear few doubts:

My case: I have received ILR and want to bring my daughter, born in UK in 2014 and is residing in India with her grandmother since 2016.She has Indian Passport.

Did you submit MN1 online and just posted the documents ? or posted form+ documents from UK?

What did you mention for grandparent accompanying for biometrics? As a legal guardian?

Also did you apply for British Passport for your child from India? You were planning to bring your child to UK.

I am not sure if can apply for British Passport from India. I would really appreciate response from your end.

Thanks