ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could credit card statement be valid for the EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kind
Newly Registered

Could credit card statement be valid for the EC

Post by Kind » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:33 am

Hi,

My application for HMSP has been approved and I am going to apply for the EC.
can i use bank statement for the credit card (2000 pounds) as evidence of my eliglibility to support myself in the UK?

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:40 am

Yes, credit card statements may be used as proof. I used them along with my bank statements.

baskey

Re: Could credit card statement be valid for the EC

Post by baskey » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:51 am

Kind wrote:Hi,

My application for HMSP has been approved and I am going to apply for the EC.
can i use bank statement for the credit card (2000 pounds) as evidence of my eliglibility to support myself in the UK?
I didn't get u properly. Did u mean your cerdit limit on the credit card is 2000 pounds? If so logically it doesn't say about your financial strength rather it says you could borrow money upto 2000pounds. I don't think HO would consider as your bank balance.

Regards,

Baskey

Kind
Newly Registered

Post by Kind » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:02 am

my problem is that i have my money are all in cash - i do not trust bank system in my country. So i do have money, but do not know how to prove it at the ambassy.
I also have HSBC bank statement for the credit limit of 2000 pounds. I think that if UK bank has opened a credit line for me i am a trustable person for ambassy officers.

tgs

Post by tgs » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:58 pm

I don't they will alllow Credit from Banks as proof of Funds. Banks can revoke your credit line.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:24 pm

I am sure credit card statements can be used as SECONDARY proof, but not as primary proof. You still need to show bank statements I think.