ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Puczini
Newly Registered
Poland

Passport after ceremony

Post by Puczini » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi, I had my citizenship ceremony today and with the pack came note about applying for British passport and saying to fill the application which you can get from post office. When I applied for citizenship, I had an appointment with UKVCAS (at time of application there was an option of doing it online or by post and I chose online). At the appointment my biometrics were taken (photo, fingerprint and as well as signature). I was then under impression that it was for my passport whereas now if I have to fill the form for passport and get new photo and counter signature if will mean repeating a lot of the information again. So question is whether I have to now apply for the passport or if it would arrive in the post automatically? My friend who applied couple of years ago got hers a few days after the ceremony but as the system changed since then I’m not sure what to do/expect. Has anyone been in this situation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport after ceremony

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:59 pm

You have to apply for a passport now as it is a separate application to form An for citizenship. You can apply on either the paper form from the post office or the online passport form.

You don't get it automatically after you ceremony because you haven't yet applied for the passport.

The process a couple of years ago was you could apply on form AN for citizenship and submit the paper passport form at the same time if you applied through NCS. Ukcvas is not the same as NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.