ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Dependent questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

balli
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier2 Dependent questions

Post by balli » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi,

I have Tier 2 general visa valid till Nov 2020. I'm due for ILR in October 2019.

My daughter was born in UK in Dec 2017 and currently has dependent visa valid till Nov 2020.
Will she have to apply for ILR with me or she can apply for British Passport directly once I have ILR?

My husband came to UK in 2011 on Tier 2 ICT and then switched to as my dependent in October 2015.
When will he be eligible for ILR?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 Dependent questions

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 pm

Kindly do not tag your questions into other members topics. Post has been split to its own thread.
My daughter was born in UK in Dec 2017 and currently has dependent visa valid till Nov 2020.
Will she have to apply for ILR with me or she can apply for British Passport directly once I have ILR?
Only a British citizen can apply for a British passport, she is not British yet. You can apply to register her as British once you have ilr. Only once her application is approved and you have received the certificate of registration can you then apply for her British passport.
My husband came to UK in 2011 on Tier 2 ICT and then switched to as my dependent in October 2015.
When will he be eligible for ILR?
Once he has 5 years (minus 28 days) on his dependent visa, so October 2020.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

balli
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by balli » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:49 pm

Apologies, I will be careful while posting in future.

My daughter currently has dependent visa valid till Nov 2020. Once I have ILR in Oct 2019. What will be the route for my daughter?

When I switch from tier 2 general to ILR, Does my husband need to apply/switch for different category dependent visa or he just continue on his current visa and apply for ILR once he complete 5yrs in Oct 2020?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 am

My daughter currently has dependent visa valid till Nov 2020. Once I have ILR in Oct 2019. What will be the route for my daughter?
Did you read what I posted above??? You register the UK born child as British. Not sure what other route you believe she must take.
When I switch from tier 2 general to ILR, Does my husband need to apply/switch for different category dependent visa or he just continue on his current visa and apply for ILR once he complete 5yrs in Oct 2020?
No. He stays on his current visa till he qualifies for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.