ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form (Address and Referee)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amz

MN1 Form (Address and Referee)

Post by Amz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:59 am

Hi

I needed some information. My son was born April 2018. I was recently granted the ILR so I applied for my son's British citizenship filling the MN1 form online and booking an appointment for his biometrics

I have 2 questions below:

1. When filling the address details for the applicant, the form asked if the address you have stayed is less than 3 years, please insert previous address
Since the applicant (My Son) was born in April 2018, so naturally he will not have a previous address but i could not go onto the next step without filling in the previous step so I had to fill in the current address in the same section as well. What i wanted to know was if this is all right.

2. When selecting the referees for the form, when filling it online it says, The referee cannot be a solicitor, a relative and both referees cannot be related to each other etc.
However when after the application was confirm and the fee was paid, when i downloaded the referee forms, it says that one of the referees in the case of a child applying should either be a minister of religion, a teacher, a health care visitor or a social worker.
Now since my child is 17 months, he doesn't go to school or a nursery so how can i find such a referee who knows my son personally to provide a reference and also since this requirement was not mentioned when i was filling the online form, now that i had completed the online application and paid as well, i cannot go back and edit.

I need to know what are the options. At the moment the 2 referees are both family friends and they are both working professionals, the are not solicitors and they are not related to the applicant or related to each other.

A few people have told me that, the referees i have selected would be fine as they themselves selected the referees who are not minister of religion, a health care visitor, a social worker etc for their children

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 Form (Address and Referee)

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm

1. The common sense approach. You simply answer yes and move on from that question.
2. You are expected to understand the requirements before going online and applying. The professional referee for children must have interacted with the child in a professional capacity. You can use a regular professional if you show that you tried and failed to secure such referee.
british-citizenship/child-s-british-cit ... l#p1821620
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Amz

Post by Amz » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:42 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:34 pm
1. The common sense approach. You simply answer yes and move on from that question.
2. You are expected to understand the requirements before going online and applying. The professional referee for children must have interacted with the child in a professional capacity. You can use a regular professional if you show that you tried and failed to secure such referee.
british-citizenship/child-s-british-cit ... l#p1821620
Thanks for Quick Response Zimbaa, So i cannot Edit the application now, since i have already paid for it and also booked appointment for Biometrics. Do you have a suggestion on what can be done now ?

Regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:17 pm

If you want to change the referees, you can prepare a cover letter with the details of the new referees and submit that alongside your application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice