ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query about Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmal_kishore

Urgent query about Naturalisation application

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi
My wife submitted an online application for Naturalisation late last week. She has an appointment for submission of documents and Bimoetrics this evening at Croydon and have a couple of questions I am trying to find answers for urgently.

1. She passed the English B1 CERF exam last week and received and email with the reference today. However she did not receive the physical certificate yet. We are hoping it arrives in the next hour or so but there is a good chance it may not. Please don’t criticise me for this situation- I know I should have waited till I see the cert but Trinity assured of delivery by Saturday. The only mandatory document listed is ‘Proof of application’ however the ‘Document Checklist’ that got generated after the online application does include the B1 CERF certificate. I have uploaded copies of the provisional results and a copy of the email that we received this morning to the Sopra website but not the certificate itself. Will this be a problem when my wife attends her appointment? Does anyone know?

2. My wife is a company secretary on our ltd company. I selected ‘self-employed’ under the employment section however this meant that one of the documents is the ‘HMRC tax account statement and the associated tax return’. The problem we have is that she doesn’t have either as she never had to submit one. So I uploaded the P60 instead. Does anyone know if this is sufficient?

Based on the above would you suggest we proceed with today’s appointment? Or should I cancel and do later? For item 2, does this mean we have to do a new application entirely?

Rgds
Nirma

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent query about Naturalisation application

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 pm

nirmal_kishore wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:52 pm
Hi
My wife submitted an online application for Naturalisation late last week. She has an appointment for submission of documents and Bimoetrics this evening at Croydon and have a couple of questions I am trying to find answers for urgently.

1. She passed the English B1 CERF exam last week and received and email with the reference today. However she did not receive the physical certificate yet. We are hoping it arrives in the next hour or so but there is a good chance it may not. Please don’t criticise me for this situation- I know I should have waited till I see the cert but Trinity assured of delivery by Saturday. The only mandatory document listed is ‘Proof of application’ however the ‘Document Checklist’ that got generated after the online application does include the B1 CERF certificate. I have uploaded copies of the provisional results and a copy of the email that we received this morning to the Sopra website but not the certificate itself. Will this be a problem when my wife attends her appointment? Does anyone know?

2. My wife is a company secretary on our ltd company. I selected ‘self-employed’ under the employment section however this meant that one of the documents is the ‘HMRC tax account statement and the associated tax return’. The problem we have is that she doesn’t have either as she never had to submit one. So I uploaded the P60 instead. Does anyone know if this is sufficient?

Based on the above would you suggest we proceed with today’s appointment? Or should I cancel and do later? For item 2, does this mean we have to do a new application entirely?

Rgds
Nirma

1. Post it later
2. She’s an employee not self employed
3. No. Just write a cover letter that you made a mistake in filling out the form, that is that you ticked self employed whereas she is an employee.
Add tax reference number. Ask ur accountant what it is or you’ll find it on the RTI/payslips.
4. You can also print, from the form AN, which is easily available on google, the page that describes her occupation etc. Cover letter will still be required.
5. If ur not losing money by cancelling the appointment today then better to postpone it..not sure if you’ll be able to manage all this so quickly.

nirmal_kishore

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm

aman90 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:26 pm
nirmal_kishore wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:52 pm
Hi

Rgds
Nirma

1. Post it later
2. She’s an employee not self employed
3. No. Just write a cover letter that you made a mistake in filling out the form, that is that you ticked self employed whereas she is an employee.
Add tax reference number. Ask ur accountant what it is or you’ll find it on the RTI/payslips.
4. You can also print, from the form AN, which is easily available on google, the page that describes her occupation etc. Cover letter will still be required.
5. If ur not losing money by cancelling the appointment today then better to postpone it..not sure if you’ll be able to manage all this so quickly.
thanks very much.
1. makes sense. I am not being lazy but do you know which address to send this to?
2. yes
3. Will do. And is your suggestion that I should hand it over at the UKVCAS centre today? or post it? I am not sure if the UKVCAS have the ability to take any physical letters as such? they seem to indicate that all they do is to either get you to upload the documents or digitize onsite; but not really take any additional documentation
4. good suggestion. thank you.
5. If you are suggesting postponement only because I may not be able to put it all together - then I will stick with it. the appointment is at 6:30 so I can make it. But if you are suggesting for any other reasons please advise. And yeah I will lose £65 for rebooking.

rgds
Nirmal

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:06 pm

nirmal_kishore wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:40 pm
Good if you can make it. Yes you have more than enough time to do so.
Just print that particular page found on form AN.
Fill it up and upload it with rest of mandatory docs including the cover letter on UKVCAS account or if you have paid for the scanning service than have them upload anything YOU want them to upload.
It’s very very simple.. ur not the first person who has made such a mistake. Anything which helps ur application must be uploaded.. it doesn’t matter what UKVCAS think and believe me ur not paying them to think and neither are they trained to..

The tax reference number is the PAYE reference number. I believe your company secretary’s paid via the company and the paying the employee’s tax is also the company’s responsibility..

nirmal_kishore

Post by nirmal_kishore » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:49 pm

thanks very much aman90. It is members like you that make this forum so reliable.