ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shortage Occupation Lists Massively Exapanded

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Shortage Occupation Lists Massively Exapanded

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:48 pm

The UK Government has today announced that the list of the "Shortage Occupation Lists" has massively expanded. Find more detail on the Statement of changes to the Immigration Rules: HC 2631 and government announcements below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/expa ... ation-list

The exact update can be found on page 84-88 of the statement of changes below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2019

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Re: Shortage Occupation Lists Massively Exapanded

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Additionally, PhD level occupations are now exempted (excluded) from the restricted COS cap.

The 180 days absences limit for Tier-2 ILR will also not apply to PhD-level workers as per table-1 of Appendix J provided that the absence has been directly related to their research activity.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:00 pm

what exactly are the benefit of RCOS or unrestricted cos ? Any pointers please ?
thanks

bganuk
United Kingdom

Post by bganuk » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:48 pm
The UK Government has today announced that the list of the "Shortage Occupation Lists" has massively expanded. Find more detail on the Statement of changes to the Immigration Rules: HC 2631 and government announcements below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/expa ... ation-list

The exact update can be found on page 84-88 of the statement of changes below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2019

Thanks man! These changes were great for me (2124 electronics engineer)!

bganuk
United Kingdom

Post by bganuk » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:06 pm

"The following sections shall take effect on 6 October 2019. However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave to remain using a Certificate of Sponsorship that was assigned to them by their Sponsor before 6 October 2019, the application will be decided in accordance with the Immigration Rules in force on 5 October 2019."

• Appendix A – Paragraphs A25, A26, A28, A29, A32 and A34
• Appendix J – Paragraphs J6 and J8 to J12
• Appendix K – Paragraphs K1 to K5

Does it mean that for the next monthly allocation all of new professions listed on appendix K will already be considered as SOC?

I mean, company should apply for the next montlhy allocation before 6 October, but for sure the HO will approved the RCOS only after 11 October. So for sure we will be assigned only after 6 October.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

<Please break this thread if it is a separate query>

Hi,
Considering the COS was issued prior to 6-OCT-2019 (July) and the applicant has received visa in mid Aug 2019 under non Shoratage code which has turned toa shortage one now.

Any dependent application which will be made later after 6-Oct -19 Will be considered as shortage occupation or No? This is regarding the application fee to be made for dependents

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 am

SKJ1984 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

Hi,
Considering the COS was issued prior to 6-OCT-2019 (July) and the applicant has received visa in mid Aug 2019 under non Shoratage code which has turned toa shortage one now.

Any dependent application which will be made later after 6-Oct -19 Will be considered as shortage occupation or No? This is regarding the application fee to be made for dependents
Their application is based on the CoS you received your visa on, so it would be non shortage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks.

We should have waited for a couple of months :-) Substantial savings in application fee. :D :D

bganuk
United Kingdom

Post by bganuk » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 am

SKJ1984 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:35 am
Thanks.

We should have waited for a couple of months :-) Substantial savings in application fee. :D :D
That's true! :D :D

bganuk
United Kingdom

Post by bganuk » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 am
SKJ1984 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

Hi,

Their application is based on the CoS you received your visa on, so it would be non shortage.
Do you believe these new changes will already be valid for the next monthly allocation? I mean, will employers already be able to apply for an RCoS considering the new professions on the shortage list?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:59 am

gustavomendes wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am
Do you believe these new changes will already be valid for the next monthly allocation? I mean, will employers already be able to apply for an RCoS considering the new professions on the shortage list?
Have you actually read what has been posted? It says a CoS issued before 6th October will be done under the current rules, ie. non shortage.
gustavomendes wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:06 pm
"The following sections shall take effect on 6 October 2019. However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave to remain using a Certificate of Sponsorship that was assigned to them by their Sponsor before 6 October 2019, the application will be decided in accordance with the Immigration Rules in force on 5 October 2019."

Does it mean that for the next monthly allocation all of new professions listed on appendix K will already be considered as SOC?

I mean, company should apply for the next montlhy allocation before 6 October, but for sure the HO will approved the RCOS only after 11 October. So for sure we will be assigned only after 6 October.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bganuk
United Kingdom

Post by bganuk » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:59 am
gustavomendes wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am
Have you actually read what has been posted? It says a CoS issued before 6th October will be done under the current rules, ie. non shortage.
gustavomendes wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Sorry, by the next allocation meeting I meant October, as the requests for the September allocation have already been closed.

The next monthly allocation should be after October 6, actually October 11. So, for sure the CoS will be issued after October 6.

I'm asking because the employer should apply for the next monthly allocation till 5 October, but for sure it will be approved and assigned only after October 11.