ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for a child born in the UK but left the UK at the age of 2

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muna2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship for a child born in the UK but left the UK at the age of 2

Post by muna2012 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi everyone,

My daughter was born here in the UK on 25/01/2015 but left the country on 21/01/2017 with my wife. I just obtained my Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and now wish to bring my daughter back to the UK. My wife would also be coming on a family visa.

My question is:

Is it possible for my daughter to obtain her British Citizenship from outside the UK? If yes, how do I go about the application, what form do I complete?

or should I bring her back to the UK on a family visa?

Please advise me on how to proceed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship for a child born in the UK but left the UK at the age of 2

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Apply using form MN1 to register her as British. She does not need to be in the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

muna2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship for a child born in the UK but left the UK at the age of 2

Post by muna2012 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:10 pm

Many thanks for your advice.

Please, as my wife is also not in the UK, do you think I should obtain a family visa for her first before applying to register my daughter? Or should I do both applications side-by-side?
What do you think?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:40 pm

Your wife's visa is not relevant to MN1 application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice