ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application - 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vicky_2
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application - 6 months

Post by vicky_2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Hi All,
I applied for BC Online on 13th March and submitted documents on 20th March at Sopra Steria.
there has only 4 days left for 6 months to complete or probably 24 weeks completed.
I have no news.
Do I have to contact Council or UKBA? what could be the reason for such a long delay?

World Traveller
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Application - 6 months

Post by World Traveller » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:26 pm

Sorry to hear you’ve been waiting for such a long time. Maybe try contacting them at nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 pm

vicky_2 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:48 pm
Hi All,
I applied for BC Online on 13th March and submitted documents on 20th March at Sopra Steria.
there has only 4 days left for 6 months to complete or probably 24 weeks completed.
I have no news.
Do I have to contact Council or UKBA? what could be the reason for such a long delay?
No one can really tell the reason for the delay. HO makes a number of enquiries (whatever that might be). Once the enquiries are completed, your case is handed over to the Case Worker. Usually once its allocated to the case worker it does not take long.
My wife got her BC approved 3 days ago, after 6 months and 10 days.
I emailed HO exactly after 6 months and asked them about the progress of the application. They replied the next day that the enquiries are still going on. 2 days later they issued the generic complex letter that unfortunately the application has taken more than 6 months because the application is complex but they aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

Just after a week of this complex letter and 10 days after the email was sent, her application was approved.

nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Having said the above, I know many other people who are waiting over 6 months and HO has not responded to their emails. All you can do is try. Goodluck
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vicky_2
Newly Registered

Post by vicky_2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks All.
I will email and phone.
will keep all posted.

vicky_2
Newly Registered

Post by vicky_2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Good News, Received the letter on Friday and ceremony completed on 18th.
Thanks a lot to all for your support.