ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

council tax

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Employment requirement

Post by smilez » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Hi folks,

I require some information regarding the employment requirement during the 12 months from obtaining ILR to Naturalisation application.

I obtained my ILR in September 2018 ( applied on the basis of 5 years of continuous work on Tier-2 ). Do I have to be continuously employed during the 12 months period from the approval of ILR until the naturalization application?
My plan is to take a break for two months from work while staying within the UK - planning to participate in a climbing trip in the UK.

Your time is appreciated!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Employment requirement

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Employment / economic activity is not required for naturalisation, and two month time out wouldn't represent a break in residency or absence, being in the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

council tax

Post by smilez » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:17 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for BC in September after 1 year ILR which was granted on the basis of 5 years of Tier 2.

As part of the good charcter requirement there is a section pertaining the payment of council tax. In 2014, I lived in a shared accommodation for roughly 1 year when the landlord did not register my name on the council tax since I had rented with the usual all bills inclusive. He was paying the council tax, however, my name is not on the account.

Since 2015, I rented from estate agents and registered my name on the council tax account as usual.
Although it might not be such a big deal, I would be happy to hear your opinion on this - would it make sense to wait until next year when during my 5 years address history I would have had my name on the council tax account.

Your time is appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: council tax

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 am

Overthinking. No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

Documentation checklist

Post by smilez » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi guys,

I am yet to upload my documents prior to UKVCAS appointment next week - unfortunately I cant not find the document checklist. Immigration history: 5 years on Tier 2, ILR granted August 2018.

Can you please send me the documentation checklist if you have it?

As far as I know below are the requirement:
1.Current and old passports - photo page and stamped pages
2.BRP
3.Degree certificate ( from UK University )
4.Life in the UK
5.Signed referee forms (x2)
6.P60 (last 5 years) and employment letters?

Do you think it is worth using UKVCAS scanning service?

Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 am

You do not need P60s and employer letters.

Did you not complete your immigration history in the application form?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

smilez
Newly Registered
Turkey

travelling on BRP after ceremony

Post by smilez » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi all,

I attended the citizenship ceremony last Tuesday and will apply for my first British Passport early next week.

I need to travel between (Dec 4-22), likely prior to the arrival of my first British passport - could I still travel on BRP?

Thanks

Kehinde Aina
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kehinde Aina » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Hi, once you attend the ceremony your BRP becomes invalid. You are meant to return your BRP within five days of you attending your ceremony. You can postpone your ceremony.
Why is your enquire under "council tax"?