ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Samikam » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:49 pm

sammy4real wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:36 am
Hello guys, pls I need advice about my asylum case. I claim asylum since May 2018 and also victim of trafficking. 2 days ago my case worker at migrant help was sent the result of my trafficking which they said they were not satisfied I am a victim of trafficking after so long waiting and with the help of my MP helping me to chase my case up. I have 3 children all born in uk and my oldest son is 7yrs plus, 6yrs plus and 4yrs. I am waiting for my asylum final decision since NRM trafficking has decided which they said they were not satisfied and I have been living in the uk for 11yrs plus. Pls what do you think about my case with my son 7rs plus born in uk bcos I am confused and hope asylum will be positive when they decide my asylum soon. Thanks.
Hi sammy4real,I believe you will be granted a form of leave to remain definitely based on your kids.am in same boat.I have been waiting for a conclusive grounds decision.i claimed asylum in September 17 and still waiting for nrm and asylum initial decision. It's been a tough journey as you wait for so long and they will just slap anything in your face.you will be fine

sammy4real
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sammy4real » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:00 am

@Samikam, I pray so bcos the waiting is really tiring and the most annoying part is the offer to study HNC that I am missing bcos of the delay as the college said asylum seeker is not permitted to study any full time course. I hope in few days by God’s grace it will happen for good. Has NRM reply you?

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:48 pm

sammy4real wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:00 am
@Samikam, I pray so bcos the waiting is really tiring and the most annoying part is the offer to study HNC that I am missing bcos of the delay as the college said asylum seeker is not permitted to study any full time course. I hope in few days by God’s grace it will happen for good. Has NRM reply you?
Not yet. I have been waiting for for 17 months and still nothing from nrm, and waiting for asylum 2 yrs.am studying at college and hoping to hear from them soon.the waiting is hell....

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Samikam wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:48 pm
sammy4real wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:00 am
Not yet. I have been waiting for for 17 months and still nothing from nrm, and waiting for asylum 2 yrs.am studying at college and hoping to hear from them soon.the waiting is hell....did your mp help in chasing up your case,if so can you tell me how he helped so I can do same.how long did you take in nrm?

sammy4real
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sammy4real » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 pm

@Samikam, yes my mp has been very helpful. i search for mp around my area and i visited him. i explained my case for him and since then he has been helping me to contact HO for update. i am still waiting also and i hope very soon something good will happen.

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:22 pm

sammy4real wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 pm
@Samikam, yes my mp has been very helpful. i search for mp around my area and i visited him. i explained my case for him and since then he has been helping me to contact HO for update. i am still waiting also and i hope very soon something good will happen.
I believe you will get a decision soon. I have contacted my mp and she will be writing to them on my behalf. I hope they respond. I just need them to give me a decision. How long did you take in nrm?

sammy4real
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sammy4real » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:32 pm

@Samikam, is good as you contact your MP. Always email Your MP and definitely your MP will continue to work on your behalf trust me. My MP is exceptional. He always feel sorry for me and always get in touch with me. Is good as you are going to school which will be a plus for you when you get your paper soon and HO is aware that you are studying. Moreover that is what they like unlike some people that doesn’t have plan for their life. I pray we all hear good news asap by the grace of God.

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:37 pm

sammy4real wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:32 pm
@Samikam, is good as you contact your MP. Always email Your MP and definitely your MP will continue to work on your behalf trust me. My MP is exceptional. He always feel sorry for me and always get in touch with me. Is good as you are going to school which will be a plus for you when you get your paper soon and HO is aware that you are studying. Moreover that is what they like unlike some people that doesn’t have plan for their life. I pray we all hear good news asap by the grace of God.
Amen

John200101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by John200101 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Quick question pls guys.
Could anyone who has been through the asylum initial decision process tell me how you get your decision.
Are you invited for biometric at post office before grant? If not,
Are you sent a decision letter and then biometric after if successful?
Or are there hints given if you're gonna have a successful application?
I'm currently waiting for my initial decision so I want to know what to look out for and how it works.
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 am

John200101 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:07 pm
Quick question pls guys.
Could anyone who has been through the asylum initial decision process tell me how you get your decision.
I'm currently waiting for my initial decision so I want to know what to look out for and how it works.
Thanks.
First biometrics. Then Jo processes and considers your application. Then you are notified of decision by post.

There are not hints of success or failure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John200101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by John200101 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Will biometrics be done at post office?

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 am
John200101 wrote:
Quick question pls guys.
Thanks.
First biometrics. Then Jo processes and considers your application. Then you are notified of decision by post.

Hi,do you do biometrics even if you have done it already. I did biometric at screening in 2017,got a letter in March 2019 for another biometric .is it the normal process?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Samikam wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:29 pm
CR001 wrote:
John200101 wrote:
Quick question pls guys.
Thanks.

Hi,do you do biometrics even if you have done it already. I did biometric at screening in 2017,got a letter in March 2019 for another biometric .is it the normal process?
It is normal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Samikam
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Samikam » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:32 pm
Samikam wrote:
CR001 wrote:
John200101 wrote:
Quick question pls guys.
Thanks.

It is normal.
So why do some people just have it done once and others twice.if you know a reason for that.Thanks

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi, I did my biometrics 2 weeks ago ,today HO returned my son birth certificate and my marriage certificate. I am so worried

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm

@ jalalleo. .. can we know more about you claim.. for you have 7 year child and his your partner british or EU and when did you made you claim.

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:29 pm

moore100 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 pm
@ jalalleo. .. can we know more about you claim.. for you have 7 year child and his your partner british or EU and when did you made you claim.
I made claim 18 months ago ,my wife is EU and my son is British he is 2 years old

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:44 pm

100% you will get leave to remain soon.

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:47 pm

moore100 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:44 pm
100% you will get leave to remain soon.
I will keep you updated, thank you so much for that hope well needed

modk79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by modk79 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Samikam wrote:
CR001 wrote:
John200101 wrote:
Quick question pls guys.
Thanks.

You will need to do biometrics if it is a new application (i.e. Fresh Claim)

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi All,

Right before my screening interview they took my finger prints and took my pictures. My picture was used for the ARC card. Was that different from the biometrics?

Jalalleo
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Jalalleo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm

rina wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 pm
Hi All,

Right before my screening interview they took my finger prints and took my pictures. My picture was used for the ARC card. Was that different from the biometrics?
Hi yes I think so ,as most people submitted them at the post office or service centre after they received letters to do so

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Jalalleo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm
rina wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 pm
Hi All,

Hi yes I think so ,as most people submitted them at the post office or service centre after they received letters to do so
Thank you so much for your response.

moore100
Nigeria

Post by moore100 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 am

hello friends ..

I apply for permission to work since August 2019.. I have not hard any respond from HO , if they will grant or refuse .. but no respond from HO.. what can I do, please need advice.

Thank you.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Try calling them