ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds for dependant application (Tier-1)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

need_a_tier1

Maintenance funds for dependant application (Tier-1)

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:03 am

Hello

I am presently working in the UK on a Work Permit and am planning to submit my Tier-1 application with in a week.

My family (wife + infant son) stay with me in the UK so I will have to send seperate applications for them as well along with my application. (otherwise I will have to pay an extra fee of £395 if I submit dependant applications for my family later)

My query is related to the Maintenance funds (and supporting documents) needed for the dependant application - especially my wife's application.

Do I also need to mention and provide "seperate supporting evidence" for maintenance funds in my wife's application. My wife does not have a bank account in the UK, although she has been here for around an year. She is a stay-at-home mom and is not working at present so there was no real requirement of getting a bank account opened for her.

For my application, I have sufficient documents (bank statements) for proving maintenance funds availability.

Can my bank statements (current account, ISA etc.) be used to prove maintenance funds for my wife's application as well?

Any pointers on this will be greatly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:02 am

Yes. Read Dependents' maintenance

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:44 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Yes. Read Dependents' maintenance

regards
Hi I have read the policy guidance document for dependants thoroughly.

However, I still have confusion about a few points:

(1) While I have been in the UK for 1 year and 8 months, my wife & son have been here only for 10 months. However, as I (the main applicant) has been in the UK for over 12 months, I will require to provide evidence that we together hold £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds. Is that correct? Or my wife will have the £1600 available funds requirement?

Also, my wife does not have any bank account in the UK. Will that mean I need to open a bank account in her name, transfer sufficient funds in her new account and then wait for three months? OR can I add her name as joint account holder in my account and then get the bank to print statements for a period of three months in mine and my wife's name.

Please advice what approach will work in my case......

Thanks in advance.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Answer to your second question present in Immigration rules:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixe/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:34 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Yes. Read Dependents' maintenance

regards
Hi I have read the policy guidance document for dependants thoroughly.
:?

Had you cared to notice, the link I had provided was not of the policy guidance but of the UKBA website where it clearly mentions the following:
If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the highly skilled worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.

Moreover, reading the *appropriate* policy guidance would have helped you get answers in the first instance.
Tier 1 (dependents) - policy guidance wrote:Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application. The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the fi nancial institution’s name and logo;
• transactions covering the three-month period;
• that there are suffi cient funds present in the
account (the balance must always be at least £533 or £1600 as above); and
• the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account, where appropriate.
Both of the above evidences make it clear that your wife/dependents do not have to maintain the required amount in *their own* bank account! And since *you* have been in UK for more than a year, it is 800 (you) + 533 (spouse) + 533 (child 1) + .....

Reading thoroughly helps but only when you are reading the *appropriate* document. And understanding what is written ensures success in the first instance!

:roll: :roll:
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!