ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony letter from the council

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Ceremony letter from the council

Post by Mathis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I got my citizenship letter from the HO this week, and its written there that I should wait for the council to send me the invitation letter. However I have seen here many people haven't received their invitation letters so I had to call the council just to make sure that I'm following the roles. The gentleman from the council told me NO we are not going to send you any letters at all you should go online and register for the ceremony yourself! I told him but its written I have to wait! he said NO don't wait and register using your reference number. But the issue is I don't have reference number on the letter from the home office!!!

Could you please let me know what shall I do? Shall I wait for the letter from the council or contact the home office?

I really appreciate your help and support

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ceremony letter from the council

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:08 pm

I never heard that the council will send you an invitation letter. The approval letter you get from Home Office often has the refrence on it. I am not sure why some people get different letters from home office without a refrence. You might get that in a second letter. I suggest to contact the home office. They have to give you a refrence to enable you to book your ceremony with the council. These days it is generally booked online via the council website
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:55 pm

I have booked ceremony for my wife and son on 17th this month.
Council will not send a invitation letter, with reference number cross check with council whether they have received letter or not and if it is there book it. I got only one letter with reference number from HO.

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:08 pm
I never heard that the council will send you an invitation letter. The approval letter you get from Home Office often has the refrence on it. I am not sure why some people get different letters from home office without a refrence. You might get that in a second letter. I suggest to contact the home office. They have to give you a refrence to enable you to book your ceremony with the council. These days it is generally booked online via the council website
Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your reply!!

On the letter from the HO there are 2 reference numbers the first one is the HO office reference number, and the second is written your reference number and left blank!

I tried to register using the HO number but its not working! So I will have to contact the home office on Monday to see what can I do as the council will not send me any letters as you and the council told me!

I really appreciate your help!

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:23 pm

katanayi wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:55 pm
I have booked ceremony for my wife and son on 17th this month.
Council will not send a invitation letter, with reference number cross check with council whether they have received letter or not and if it is there book it. I got only one letter with reference number from HO.
On the letter is written only Home Office reference number and my reference number is left blank

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm

just crossed checked, the letter is invitation as well as approval. At the right up corner there is a ''our ref number '' with 9 digit number. Thats what I quoted to council but they can tell with full name as well. As ours was phone in appointment not online.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Also remember that you can only book your ceremony when the council received your certificate from the HO
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:37 pm

katanayi wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:33 pm
just crossed checked, the letter is invitation as well as approval. At the right up corner there is a ''our ref number '' with 9 digit number. Thats what I quoted to council but they can tell with full name as well. As ours was phone in appointment not online.
I quoted the number to the council just few minutes ago and they said no information here!!

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:08 pm
I confirm, last week we have received our letters of invitation from the council as well! Interestingly, the letters from home office also says (Ceremony Invitation) on them.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:28 pm

My wife just received a ceremony invitation from the Home Office a couple days ago. It has the Case ID number and a “Poll/Cover Note No”. I am assuming this is the reference number the council is after.

I did some research on different council websites. Apparently different councils have their own procedures to book a ceremony. Some will not book on the phone. Instead they will ask you to wait for 2 weeks and send you the time and date in the post automatically (you can then contact them incase you need to reschedule for a later date NOT earlier). And some will book on the phone.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mathis
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mathis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:41 am

UPDATE

Called the council yesterday and i was told that the home office will send a letter or certificate to the council and they will send me a letter soon. They said they receive the documents every Monday so I have to wait till the next week.