ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on long term residency but also stayed as partner for 5 years on different routes.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

macmad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR on long term residency but also stayed as partner for 5 years on different routes.

Post by macmad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi there,
I came as student and spent 3 years studying! After studying I was on 2 years psw visa! In the meantime I was married to british citizen and applied for flr and I was issued 'leave to remain' as partner on ten year route as financial requirement was messed up and issued me 2.5 years on 10 year route. After 2.5 year I applied and I was issued 'spouse/partner leave to remain for 2.5 year's now i have stayed in uk legally and eligible for ILR on LR. Now,
1- can I apply citizenship straight after ilr as I am partner of a british citizen and hold ILR or do I have to wait for 1 year because my ilr route was 10 year long term residence ?
Thanks in advance

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ILR on long term residency but also stayed as partner for 5 years on different routes.

Post by aman90 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Your route to ILR has no bearing on ur route to naturalisation ... that means you can choose to apply as spouse of British citizen.
If you have questions pertaining to ur route to ILR than post in ILR sub forum

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR on long term residency but also stayed as partner for 5 years on different routes.

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:28 pm

You can apply for naturalisation immediately after your get ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

macmad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by macmad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks Aman and Zimba