ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would out of date PRC cause problems in Tier 4 to 2 conversion application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PoopyScoopyScooby
Newly Registered
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Would out of date PRC cause problems in Tier 4 to 2 conversion application?

Post by PoopyScoopyScooby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi everyone,

I am aware this question has been asked before and other applicants in my situation have been successful. But I feel it is worth asking to ensure there is nothing new I should be aware of. I have also asked this on the Tier 4 boards but thought to post it here as well as it may be relevant.

I was on a tier 4 student visa for my bachelors and registered with the police when I started. After I completed my course, I returned to my home country and came back on another tier 4 student visa, for postgraduate study.

When I came back this time however, I was unaware that I had to re-register and keep everything up to date. I knew I had to register, but I thought that my registration since 2015 was sufficient. Now I have an offer and the employer would be helping me apply for a tier 4 to tier 2 visa conversion, but I have some HUGE concerns over my failure to update my information.

As soon as I became aware that my PRC would be needed, I registered again with the police and the lady at the desk was nice enough. And I will definitely be keeping everything 1000% up to date from now on. However, I am worried that my failure in updating my information could result in serious repercussions for my visa conversion application.

So, my question is essentially, what should I do to make sure my delay in PRC updating does not become an issue for my visa conversion? Should I include it in a cover letter in my application? Should I just be apologetic and try to explain? Is it possible for my visa conversion application to be refused on this basis? And if so, would I have any opportunity to explain my position and show that this was a true, honest, genuine one time mistake?

What problems could this cause at the time if and when I apply for indefinite leave to remain in the future?

Many, many thanks in advance. Currently very very very anxious because of this and any input would be very helpful.