ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukvi asking for supporting evidence???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bt100
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Ukvi asking for supporting evidence???

Post by Bt100 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Good afternoon guys,
My wife has applied for the spouse visa from Saudi Arabia. We applied for the priority and when she done her biometrics she scanned all the required documents and was sent to the HO.

We received an email saying that our case was waiting to be seen by a ECO. A few days later we received the following email:

‘’UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.

We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.

PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that you or your UK sponsor submits the documentation as follows:

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/ ... ement-visa

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number. ‘’

My wife went to the vfs system and they confirmed that The evidence was all downloaded on the system by the Home office.

I called the premium service and they could not advice me but said a lot of incorrect emails gets sent out by the HO.

My question is, is this normal?? If they needed some specific document, would they address it in the email because this is so general and vague I’m not sure what it can be..

Please could someone help as I’m going crazy over here

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Ukvi asking for supporting evidence???

Post by Korekt » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Have you quoted the email you received in full? Does any part of the email asks to ignore if the documents have already been sent?

It might be an automated/standard template email.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Bt100 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:10 pm
My wife went to the vfs system and they confirmed that The evidence was all downloaded on the system by the Home office.

My question is, is this normal?? If they needed some specific document, would they address it in the email because this is so general and vague I’m not sure what it can be..
If your wife went to the VFS centre and doubled check the document were uploaded, then it’s some Home Office’s mistake. Furthermore, there’s a check list of the documents you’ve handed over and the confirmatory list is signed by you and the worker at VFS once you have handed over your paperwork. If she has also the list, then it should be fine in case anything happens.

It seems random email from Home Office, but as Korekt has said, does the email says to ignore it in case everything has been sent?

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Bt100 wrote:

We received the same after submitting our application, despite having already submitted our documents. It appears to be a template response.

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019

Bt100
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bt100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Korekt wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 pm
Have you quoted the email you received in full? Does any part of the email asks to ignore if the documents have already been sent?

It might be an automated/standard template email.
It does not mention about the ignoring of documents have already been sent

We received an email prior to this saying that our application is being prepared by an ECO and it had what you mentioned in that email

Bt100
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bt100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:35 pm
Bt100 wrote:

We received the same after submitting our application, despite having already submitted our documents. It appears to be a template response.
Oh ok. Thanks for your reply. But did you scan or sent your documents physically at the time because we had to scan ours?

Bt100
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bt100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 pm
Bt100 wrote:

If your wife went to the VFS centre and doubled check the document were uploaded, then it’s some Home Office’s mistake. Furthermore, there’s a check list of the documents you’ve handed over and the confirmatory list is signed by you and the worker at VFS once you have handed over your paperwork. If she has also the list, then it should be fine in case anything happens.

It seems random email from Home Office, but as Korekt has said, does the email says to ignore it in case everything has been sent?
I asked my wife regarding the checklist - she signed it and wrote her gwf number but it wasn’t given to her to keep and the vfs Officer took it

Also, the second email (the one quoted) didn’t say anything regarding ignoring the email of already submitted

If the UKVI needed a specific document, wouldn’t they write an email addressing it?

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Bt100 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:04 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Bt100 wrote:

Oh ok. Thanks for your reply. But did you scan or sent your documents physically at the time because we had to scan ours?
Ours were scanned at the VFS centre in London.

Bt100
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bt100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:32 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 pm
Bt100 wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Bt100 wrote:

Ok that’s helped calm my nerves a bit
Many thanks 🙏🏻

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Bt100 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 pm
I asked my wife regarding the checklist - she signed it and wrote her gwf number but it wasn’t given to her to keep and the vfs Officer took it
I don’t know if that varies depending on the country of application, but I was allowed to keep the sheet where I signed (like a receipt). Even when the VFS worker kept everything, your wife has signed the checklist and if for whatever reason something happens, you can reclaim to Home Office that you handed over the documents to the VFS worker.

It didn’t happen to me, but from my perspective (and the fact your wife handed over the documents) it seems an automatic email that might be wrongly sent.

Bt100
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Bt100 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Bt100 wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Bt100 wrote:

Sorry to ask you another question but our solicitor recommended that we should rescan it all again so my wife is going to DHL me the documents and I will go to the London office and submit it.

Do you know if you can just walk it or you need an appointment? the email says 'this is a walk in service' but i just want to double check

many thanks for your support

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Bt100 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Bt100 wrote:
KristianDLloyd wrote:

Sorry to ask you another question but our solicitor recommended that we should rescan it all again so my wife is going to DHL me the documents and I will go to the London office and submit it.

Do you know if you can just walk it or you need an appointment? the email says 'this is a walk in service' but i just want to double check

many thanks for your support
You can walk-in, but reading others’ experiences it is advisable to go first thing. I arrived at 9:30 and didn’t leave until 11:30/12.

As far as I am aware, you can only submit documents for consideration BEFORE the biometrics appointment. If your wife has already had her biometrics appt, this may be futile.

juanalemon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by juanalemon » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:07 am

KristianDLloyd, after you got that email, did you end up resending by scanning everything again at VFS like the email said? I'm in the same boat and not sure whether it's something to ignore or take action on

Skudzai123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UKVI asking for supporting documents?!!

Post by Skudzai123 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for a spouse settlement visa for my husband who is back home to join me in the U.K. I did the online application via Visa4uk 27th November and he got his biometrics done on the 30th November 2019 and we received confirmation that UKVI has received the biometrics and that we had to send the supporting documents which we did on the 2nd November 2019, we paid for priority visa btw and we did not get an confirmation stating that they had received the documents. I called them 19th November 2019 and asked for an Status update of application and they said it’s awaiting decision. Then today 21st November 2019 I received this email from them:

UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.

We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.

PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

We have introduced the Assisted Scanning Settlement service that means, for an additional fee, documents can be sent by you, your sponsor, agent or representative, by post to the SCANNING HUB in the UK at the address set out below, along with the Payment Confirmation, Document Checklist and Declaration.

If you have applied through Access UK, the document checklist is now included as part of the application process and this must be completed and included in the documents posted to the scanning hub.

Please send your supporting documents to:
TLScontact UK Settlement Scanning Hub,
Exhibition House,
Suite 18,
Ground Floor,
Addison Bridge Pl,
London
W14 8XP.

For alternative options please visit the TLScontact website - https://uk.tlscontact.com/

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. All messages sent and received by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation
available at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... on-charter

I am really scared and confused because I sent all the documents to them 2nd November 2019. I spoke to my family and that said ignore it cause it states if I have sent the documents then I should ignore this email but I am getting worried now if they have received the documents. I mean they said I have 10 working days to send the documents and if I don’t after that time frame then they will considered the application with just the online application made. Please help! Anyone been through this before if so what did you do!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:05 am

The message you received is quite confusing in one breath asking for docs in the next to ignore if sent already.
Through what means did you send the documents?
Do you have any receipts or evidence to indicate it was sent?

Skudzai123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Skudzai123 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 am

I sent my documents via post to the scanning hub the post office gave me a receipt. There was no original documents in there as all the original documents are with my husband back home ( marriage certificate, his English test etc) so I had to send coloured photocopies of those. I called the UKVI and spoke to the lady and she said she will send an urgent email for them to get back to me explaining what documents they require but I don’t know how long that’s going to take. I’m really on edge!!

geoeng
Canada

Re: UKVI asking for supporting documents?!!

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:42 am

Skudzai123 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:17 pm
I am really scared and confused because I sent all the documents to them 2nd November 2019. I spoke to my family and that said ignore it cause it states if I have sent the documents then I should ignore this email but I am getting worried now if they have received the documents. I mean they said I have 10 working days to send the documents and if I don’t after that time frame then they will considered the application with just the online application made. Please help! Anyone been through this before if so what did you do!
This seems to come up fairly often and it seems like it is just a standard automated email (a very poorly worded one as it causes confusion) that is sent out (various threads on this forum where this is discussed). If anything specific was missing it it probably would have been listed in the email and hopefully since you have already contacted UKVI regarding the email they will confirm this.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 am

Skudzai123 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 am
I sent my documents via post to the scanning hub the post office gave me a receipt. There was no original documents in there as all the original documents are with my husband back home ( marriage certificate, his English test etc) so I had to send coloured photocopies of those. I called the UKVI and spoke to the lady and she said she will send an urgent email for them to get back to me explaining what documents they require but I don’t know how long that’s going to take. I’m really on edge!!
So far sent all required and you got receipt. As Geoengg said generic mail. Good enough you already spoke with someone and hope she acts fast on it, if there is any thing they will reach you.
Ease off and be calm,we worry even though it changes nothing.

Skudzai123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Skudzai123 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:43 am

Yes! Hopefully it will all be good. Thanks guys will give an update if I get another email or any response.

chloelouise10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chloelouise10 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:46 am

Skudzai123 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:43 am
Yes! Hopefully it will all be good. Thanks guys will give an update if I get another email or any response.
Hello,

I also got this email 45 WD after I submitted. Any updates regarding it?

hayk2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hayk2019 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:32 pm

Dear all,

this is what I have received yesterday.

i went to the TLS center today where i sent all the supporting documents for my wife visa ( she is in Tunisia at the moment) and the wouldn't let talk to anyone however the security guard said that i spoke to them regarding the email and they said that they don't have a prove of the scanning fees payment !!

please help as im very worried.
thank you

UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.

We have introduced the Assisted Scanning Settlement service that means, for an additional fee, documents can be sent by you, your sponsor, agent or representative, by post to the SCANNING HUB in the UK at the address set out below, along with the Payment Confirmation, Document Checklist and Declaration.

If you have applied through Access UK, the document checklist is now included as part of the application process and this must be completed and included in the documents posted to the scanning hub.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:59 am

From what other users have posted on here, this seems like a template email that gets sent out to many people just to confirm receipt of the application. If you have already submitted all of the required supporting documents and no specific documents have been listed in the email as things that have not been received, then you are probably ok.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

hayk2019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hayk2019 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 am

dear all

how do I know that the TLS received my supporting document or not ?

every time I call the keep saying to me this office for blguim,france and swtserland !

do you guys have their number or email so I can contact them ?

thank you for your help