ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application from Within UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitcher

Application from Within UK

Post by stitcher » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:00 pm

Hi There,

A friend of mine wanted to apply for HSMP. He is currently in the UK as a student and I am helping him out with the application. There is a line in the guideline document which says that the applicant needs to fill in the FLR application along with the HSMP under 28 form if he is applying from within UK. Could someone please clarify why the FLR is needed ?

Regards
Mohan

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:26 pm

Stitcher,
I think a student cannot apply for the HSMP scheme until he graduates.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

lucky123

Post by lucky123 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:03 pm

I think you can apply as a student and get approval as long as you score points needed. However i do not think you will score any points in the area of earnings or work experience.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:53 pm

You can apply for HSMP but you wont be able to switch your FLR to HSMP holder while in-country, and also it turns out the in country letter wont work for EC from you home country, so in short unless he/she is graduating from UK institute then she wont be able to apply for HSMP while in country.
lucky123 wrote:I think you can apply as a student and get approval as long as you score points needed. However i do not think you will score any points in the area of earnings or work experience.
If you are studying you can claim earning points for the year immediately preceeding the date you started you course and you can claim experience points if your working experience prior to your taking up the course was 'graduate level experience'. also note you dont have to claim points in all the fields

Helena
Newly Registered

Post by Helena » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:23 am

Hi there!

I am currently studying in the UK university MSc Finance and graduating this summer. However graduation certificate will be granted in March 2006! (could you beleive it?!). Am I classified as a UK graduate then???

Also just received HSMP refusal.
Can I apply in-country again????

Kind regards

stitcher

Post by stitcher » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:55 pm

f2k wrote:You can apply for HSMP but you wont be able to switch your FLR to HSMP holder while in-country, and also it turns out the in country letter wont work for EC from you home country, so in short unless he/she is graduating from UK institute then she wont be able to apply for HSMP while in country.
lucky123 wrote:I think you can apply as a student and get approval as long as you score points needed. However i do not think you will score any points in the area of earnings or work experience.
If you are studying you can claim earning points for the year immediately preceeding the date you started you course and you can claim experience points if your working experience prior to your taking up the course was 'graduate level experience'. also note you dont have to claim points in all the fields
he just finished his first year and got a diploma he has extended his student visa for another and wants to apply for HSMP because he has the relevant experience required prior to studies ..