ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Tier 4 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Michelle0507

ILR and Tier 4 dependent

Post by Michelle0507 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Dear sir/madam

I am going to apply for my indefinite leave to remain in October 2019 based on 10 long residence rule. I am on a tier 4 student visa. I cannot find any relevant answers for my following questions:

1) My first question is whether or not I need to show any financial requirements such as my bank statements and payslips. If I have to, for how many months. To be honest, I do not have a lot of money to show.

2) My partner and my son (born here) are on Tier 4 dependent visa, which is valid January 2021. My partner can apply for her long residence in August 2020 (after leaving here 10 years legally). I am afraid that their Tier 4 dependent visa will not valid after my ILR. In that case, we will apply for a FLR (M) visa. If their Tier 4 still valid even after my ILR. I do not want to apply for FLR (M) and then apply for ILR. Spending a lot of money on visas in a short period of time.

3) FLR (M) visa- can we only send our recent p60 and my bank statements, instead of my paylsips? if payslips necessary for period of how many months.

I would love to thank you for you attention, support and time.

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR and Tier 4 dependent

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:32 pm

1) My first question is whether or not I need to show any financial requirements such as my bank statements and payslips. If I have to, for how many months. To be honest, I do not have a lot of money to show.
There is NO financial or maintenance fund requirement for long residence ILR.
2) My partner and my son (born here) are on Tier 4 dependent visa, which is valid January 2021. My partner can apply for her long residence in August 2020 (after leaving here 10 years legally). I am afraid that their Tier 4 dependent visa will not valid after my ILR. In that case, we will apply for a FLR (M) visa. If their Tier 4 still valid even after my ILR. I do not want to apply for FLR (M) and then apply for ILR. Spending a lot of money on visas in a short period of time.
He should be fine to stay on tier 4 dependent provided he does not travel out of the UK and HO do not curtail his visa to 60 days.
3) FLR (M) visa- can we only send our recent p60 and my bank statements, instead of my paylsips? if payslips necessary for period of how many months.
Minimum of 6 months payslips with corresponding bank statements is mandatory. For FLR(M), the financial requirement can be met by either spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Michelle0507

Post by Michelle0507 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please elaborate this answer as I did not fully get it.

"He should be fine to stay on tier 4 dependent provided he does not travel out of the UK and HO do not curtail his visa to 60 days."

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:51 pm

What more can I elaborate?? What is unclear?

Pbbs dependents of long residence role migrants should switch to FLR m as soon as they can.

If he travels out of the UK, he risks being refused entry and his visa cancelled (yes this has happened). Ho can curtail visas if their circumstances have changed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.