ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Steps after getting to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

birkeneve
Canada

HELP! Need a quick answer on EEA permit

Post by birkeneve » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:56 am

I have an EEA permit. I will be taking the kids to the UK with me while my husband/sponsor stays behind to settle matters in Norway. Can I get through customs without him? TIA.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: HELP! Need a quick answer on EEA permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:58 am

Yes you can. My wife has a non-EU passport and EEA family member permit. She often travels without me.

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:59 am

Wow you’re fast! Thanks so much!

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:14 pm

I would say that this depends on what is stated in your FP. It can say "to join" and it can say "to accompany". My husband was already in UK when I was first time entering with FP. I assume if you have "to join" no one at the boarder will ask questions.

Whereas "to accompany" suggests that you are travelling together. This can trigger extra questions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:59 pm

As you are coming based on surinder Singh route, you and your husband should return at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:45 am

Thanks everyone. My permit says he has to accompany me so win/win for me since I get to have a few extra days with him before he has to come back and wash the house. /evil laugh

birkeneve
Canada

Steps after getting to the UK

Post by birkeneve » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am

Hi!

My question is what do I do next once we have arrived in the UK. I have an EEA family permit (expires in 02/2020) and my son is an EU citizen. We are arriving before Oct 31. Where do we apply to stay permanently? Specifically, what am I applying for and what does my son need to do and where? TIA.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Steps after getting to the UK

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:58 am

Hi,

Is your husband UK citizen or EEA? Is he going to work in UK?

If EEA and qualified person, I suggest waiting for him to join you, apply for his pre-settled status, then apply for you and kids. Else your kids can get pre-settled status online, you can apply for EEA2 card and later apply online for pre-settled status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

iwolga wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:58 am
Hi,

If EEA and qualified person, I suggest waiting for him to join you, apply for his pre-settled status, then apply for you and kids. Else your kids can get pre-settled status online, you can apply for EEA2 card and later apply online for pre-settled status.
As I have clearly stated above, the OP is using Surinder Singh route to the UK as the spouse of a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:39 pm

iwolga wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:58 am
Hi,

He is a British citizen as is our daughter.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Sorry, this isn't the route I know. Perhaps this forum already has enough topics on this? I tend to be able to find most part of the answers in existing topics