ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character clause

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Madambrown15
Newly Registered

Good character clause

Post by Madambrown15 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:34 am

Hi

Your thoughts on this will be most appreciated.

When i withdrew my appeal from the first tier tribunal to apply for ILR, I did not resign my job. I paid for premium same day decision but was granted my ILR after 3 weeks because i did not have my passport with me on the day of my appointment. I was given a letter stating that my application was valid and that "provided an applicant has the legal right to be in the UK when an application was made, he/she is legally entitled to remain here on the same conditions previously granted until their application is decided" hence did not resign my job. I however provided my employer with the ref number on the acknowledgement letter on the second week of waiting for an outcome of my application to carry out an ECS check but received my ILR before the ECS came back. So my question is does the fact that i did not resign my job within that 3week period mean that i was working illegally hence in breach of the good character clause?

Madambrown15
Newly Registered

Re: Good character clause

Post by Madambrown15 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Madambrown15 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:34 am
Hi

Your thoughts on this will be most appreciated.

When i withdrew my appeal from the first tier tribunal to apply for ILR, I did not resign my job. I paid for premium same day decision but was granted my ILR after 3 weeks because i did not have my passport with me on the day of my appointment. I was given a letter stating that my application was valid and that "provided an applicant has the legal right to be in the UK when an application was made, he/she is legally entitled to remain here on the same conditions previously granted until their application is decided" hence did not resign my job. I however provided my employer with the ref number on the acknowledgement letter on the second week of waiting for an outcome of my application to carry out an ECS check but received my ILR before the ECS came back. So my question is does the fact that i did not resign my job within that 3week period mean that i was working illegally hence in breach of the good character clause?
Please guys any idea on this will be most helpful. Has anyone been in the same situation or know of anyone who has been in the same situation?