ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Re-apply

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Re-apply

Post by pradkpm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:16 am

Hello Gurus,

My Brother-in-law had applied for UK visit visa but was refused on the grounds of incomplete financial details provided and also had not mentioned how he will manage his business when he is here with his sister and me in the UK.

I wanted to know if it is OK to reapply visitor visa with all the information that they say is missing in the application or should we wait for some time (maybe 6 months or so - as advised by a visa agent in India).

Regards,
Pradeep

Singh_harv
India

Re: Visitor Visa Re-apply

Post by Singh_harv » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:48 am

Its better to show the refusal letter-removing personal details.

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:30 pm

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm

hi @ Singh_harv,
i'm not able to upload or link the image. could you please provide access to attach the image?

Thanks.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Are you able to type the main points ECO mentioned and on which paragraphs did he refuse?

What is your brother in laws financial situation? What documents did you submit?

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:40 pm

hello,

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner as I was out of country.

Below are the reasons for refusal -

REASONS FOR REFUSAL You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.

In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (htt•s://www ov.uk/• uidance/immi ration-rules/immi•ration-rules-a ..endix-v-visitor-rules), I have considered: . your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it • your immigration history • Exchange Rate as of 07/08/2019: £1= INR 86.22 (https://vvww1manda.corn)

The decision I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph V4.2 of Appendix V of the Immigration Rules because:
• You state that you plan to travel to the UK with your wife for a period 3 months to visit family and visit tourist attractions. You further state that you are a self-employed in engineering and contracting and that you will be meeting the cost of your travel personally. 1 have considered your application carefully from the information provided in your visa application form and any documents submitted in support of your application.
• You state that you intend to visit the UK for a period of 3 months and that you will stay with your brother-in-law and sister. You further state that you plan to visit popular tourist attractions in the UK. Whilst I recognise the importance of visiting family, you have not clarified your plans for the entirety of your stay. Given that you have stated that you are a self-employed contractor and that you have not specified how you will continue your work from the UK, I am not satisfied that you have provided a genuine account of your intentions to visit the UK.
• You state that as a self-employed engineer and contractor you earn an annual income of INR XXXX (£ XXXX) and that you have no other sources of income or savings. In support of this you have provided a personal income tax return that reports your annual income as INR XXXX (£XXX), which is only sixty three percent of the income you state on your visa application form and I note that you have not provided any information that addresses this discrepancy. I am therefore not satisfied that you have provided an accurate account of your personal circumstances here in India.
• To demonstrate your ability to meet the cost of your travel you have provided a bank statement from xxxx Bank for account ending in xxx. I note that this statement covers a period of 3 1/2 months and in this account there have been deposits equalling to INR xxxx (£xxxx). Given that this amount is three times you confirmed annual income and that you have not provided any information surrounding the origin of these deposits, I am not satisfied that you have provided a full account of your financial circumstances and I am therefore not satisfied that you have reliably demonstrated your ability to meet your cost of travel.
• I have considered the evidence and information submitted in your application; and on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to enter the United Kingdom. This means that I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to Sca tha rited Kingdom at the end of your proposed visit

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Firstly in my opinion 3 months is a long time. I would recommend 2-4 weeks for first visit.

Secondly, ECO raised questions on your brother in laws financial. Unless he sorts that out applying again will result in same decision

Did he only submit his business bank statement not personal?

Please list documents which were submitted from his side.

My father in law initially submitted only his business papers and was refused so we submitted additional documents as follows & was granted:

1. Any evidence to show company incorporation
2. Company Accounts
3. business statements
4. Business invoices ( he must be raising invoices to other companies) matching business bank statement
5. Accountants reference letter & net worth certificate
6. Personal bank statement
7. Fixed deposits
8. Any property papers
9. Evidence of family members in india
10. Utility bills
11. Any life/health policies

You would need a detailed covering letter explaining where his circumstances.

Also noticed he only submitted statement for 3.5 months. Would be good if he submits 6months minimum next time.

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:17 pm

@Singh_harv, Thanks for your valuable inputs.