ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employers on the Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nick8288
Newly Registered
Australia

Changing Employers on the Tier 2

Post by nick8288 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:23 pm

I recently (Jan, 2019) got sponsored by my current employer for 3 years on a Tier 2 (General) visa after my Tier 5 was near expiration. If I want to change employers, what does the new employer need to take on? ie. Do we need to go through the whole process again - COS, application from home country etc. Or can the sponsorship simply be transferred to the new employer. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing Employers on the Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:33 pm

If I want to change employers, what does the new employer need to take on? ie. Do we need to go through the whole process again - COS, application from home country etc. Or can the sponsorship simply be transferred to the new employer. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
No, it is not the same as when you applied initially.

The new sponsor must complete RLMT as stated in the sponsor guidance notes before you can be offered the job. They then assign an Unrestricted CoS if they have available. If they don't have any left, they have to request more from HO.

You cannot 'transfer' your current sponsorship to a new sponsor. You have to apply for a visa within the UK to change employers. You will need to pay IHS again. You also cannot start working for the new employer until you have your new visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Does it matter if the job description/job roles/salary changes when switching employers ?
Please can you point to some guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:11 pm

waiwai wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm
Does it matter if the job description/job roles/salary changes when switching employers ?
Please can you point to some guidance.
Can you start your own topic with your questions please instead of tagging onto another members thread. It is unfair to the original poster and creates confusion if members respond.

See point 12 in the link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.