ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Name on application form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SosoU
Newly Registered
Belgium

Naturalisation - EU citizen - Supporting documents

Post by SosoU » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello,

I'm an EU citizen looking at applying for British citizenship using the permanent residency route (yes, time is of the essence). I struggle to understand a few things and I hope someone here can help:

1) Since my permanent residence was backdated to September 2016 (covers Sept.2011 to Sept.2016) - do I need to send supporting evidence for the period Sept. 2014 - Sept. 2016 when applying for citizenship? Or do I only need to send supporting documents for the period Sept. 2016 - Sept. 2019?
Asking as I was not working for a few months and subletting, therefore I do not have much paperwork in my name.
1Bis) For PR I sent bank statements which I understand are not acceptable for citizenship - is this correct?

2) Using the online form - do I need to send my passport or can I get it "registered" somewhere? I seem to understand that there are centres where they can upload your documents and send them electronically to the HO? Does anyone know how that works?

I hope this makes sense and someone can help! Thanks a lot! :)

S.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation - EU citizen - Supporting documents

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:26 pm

1) Since my permanent residence was backdated to September 2016 (covers Sept.2011 to Sept.2016) - do I need to send supporting evidence for the period Sept. 2014 - Sept. 2016 when applying for citizenship? Or do I only need to send supporting documents for the period Sept. 2016 - Sept. 2019?
Asking as I was not working for a few months and subletting, therefore I do not have much paperwork in my name.
1Bis) For PR I sent bank statements which I understand are not acceptable for citizenship - is this correct?
As far as I know, BC application requires you to show you were indeed exercising treaty right between 2011-16. An EEA citizen (or family member) with PR does not need to prove anything after PR was granted I assume, except continuous stay.
2) Using the online form - do I need to send my passport or can I get it "registered" somewhere? I seem to understand that there are centres where they can upload your documents and send them electronically to the HO? Does anyone know how that works?
You apply online, book an appointment with UKVCAS and then you should upload all the required documents scans before attending.
However when you attend your appointment and after you enrol your biometrics, they will check the documents you scanned, rescan them if necessary and submit it for you to HO.NO original/physical documents will be taken from you
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:32 pm

You also need to submit evidence of residence for the preceding 5 years as your passport is not stamped, i.e. P60s, Council Tax, tenancy agreement etc but not Bank statement s and utility bills.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SosoU
Newly Registered
Belgium

Post by SosoU » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Thank you both, this is not going to be easy!

SosoU
Newly Registered
Belgium

Naturalisation - Name on application form

Post by SosoU » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Hello,

I am struggling with the online form in the most unexpected way... I don't know which name I should put. Let me explain - I have 3 names, including 2 middle names, however my passport only has two of these names written in full and the first letter of my third name.

It looks like this: Surname Name1 Name2 N.

As the form says "as shown on passport" but then also says "you must tell us all your given names", I don't know whether I should use the format from my passport or whether I should include Name3 written in full? Also note that only name1 appears on my supporting evidence since it's the one I use for all purposes.

I hope someone can help as this is giving me a serious headache!

Thanks!
So

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation - Name on application form

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Match it with your passport
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SosoU
Newly Registered
Belgium

Re: Naturalisation - Name on application form

Post by SosoU » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:56 pm