ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

address history required for ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Tier 2 General dependent query

Post by Cristina88 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Hiiii Respected People,

I have couple of questions on Tier 2 General dependent to ILR route. 

1) If Tier 2 General Main applicant switch jobs then does Tier 2 General dependent have to re-apply or they can continue on current Tier 2 General dependent visa (expires October 2021 but eligible for ILR earlier in June 2021)? 

2) If Tier 2 General Main applicant gets ILR through 5 year PBS route in October 2020. Then can Tier 2 General dependent continue on their Tier 2 General dependent visa till their ILR in June 2021 or they have to switch from T2G Dep to dependent of ILR ? 

Thanks in advance
C

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General dependent query

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 pm

1) If Tier 2 General Main applicant switch jobs then does Tier 2 General dependent have to re-apply or they can continue on current Tier 2 General dependent visa (expires October 2021 but eligible for ILR earlier in June 2021)?
Dependent does NOT have to apply when main tier 2 migrant applies for change of employer visa.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html
2) If Tier 2 General Main applicant gets ILR through 5 year PBS route in October 2020. Then can Tier 2 General dependent continue on their Tier 2 General dependent visa till their ILR in June 2021 or they have to switch from T2G Dep to dependent of ILR ?

Yes they can. No need to switch visas.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Thank you so much for your response..

1) In our case,
Main applicant's last day at previous job was 24th April 2019 (Day on which previous employer would have informed HO) and that was the day when Main applicant submitted Biometrics for visa with new employer. We haven't received any curtailment letter so far (almost 4 months) for Main applicant or the dependents. So it should be fine and we will not apply for dependents visa?

2) On the link you sent for PBS Dependent to ILR, I have a question on point 3 below. Does that means that when Main applicant is eligible for ILR (Oct 2020) then Dependents can apply for ILR at the same time as Main applicant (Oct 2020) IF their Tier 2 General Dependent visa expires (Oct 2021) after they will be eligible for ILR (Jun 2021) ?

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html

3. If the dependant has not completed the qualified qualifying residential period at the time that the principal PBS migrant applies for settlement, then:

a) If the PBS dependant's current leave will expire after he/she has completed the qualifying period and the dependant meets the other requirements for settlement then the dependant may apply for settlement directly (319E).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:53 pm

You can only apply for ILR when you meet the 5 year requirement. If you only meet that in June 2021, then that is when you can apply on form SET(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

address history required for ILR ?

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:43 am

Hiii Dear friends,

I want to know how long address history required for ILR application (Tier 2 General to ILR)? When we bought our house we had to stay at a friend's place for 2 weeks between houses. Now as it was only temporary arrangement we dont have any proof that we stayed with them. Does that affect ILR application and what can we do?

thanks a lot
best regards

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Re: address history required for ILR ?

Post by Cristina88 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Hiii respected members, gurus, moderators,

I am in process of applying ILR via 5 year Tier 2 General route. While applying for Tier 2 General in 2015, I got 10 marks for English Language requirement as my university was in the recognised list. 

Now while applying ILR what do I require from Naric ? 
1) Medium of instruction letter from university and 
2) Statement of compariability ? what is that and how to get it ? 

Also on Naric website there is red and blue route.. which one should I go for ?

I appreciate these are lot of questions but please help if possible.
Thanks a lot in advance 
CM

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: address history required for ILR ?

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Naric red route for ilr, costs £150, same price as the B1 test
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Naric or Trinity

Post by Cristina88 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:21 pm

Hi all

Due to lockdown am unable to get transcript / medium of instruction letter from my university.

Can you please confirm that from Naric we get 2 things:
1) English language ability
2) Statement of comparability : degree taught in home country is equivalent to UK

If I go for B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5 , I do not need anything at all from Naric or my university (medium of instruction, comparibility etc) ?

so only one exam from B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5 is sufficient ?

Thanks a lot

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naric or Trinity

Post by seagul » Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Cristina88 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:21 pm
Hi all

Due to lockdown am unable to get transcript / medium of instruction letter from my university.

Can you please confirm that from Naric we get 2 things:
1) English language ability
2) Statement of comparability : degree taught in home country is equivalent to UK

If I go for B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5 , I do not need anything at all from Naric or my university (medium of instruction, comparibility etc) ?

so only one exam from B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5 is sufficient ?

Thanks a lot
Yes and yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.