ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Require NARIC web address

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mechanical-engineer

Require NARIC web address

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:31 pm

Hi,
I need NARIC Web address because HSMP team did not accept my wife Master's in English litrature equavalent to U.K Bacholer degree.
regards,
mechanical -engineer

JhonnyECU

Post by JhonnyECU » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:25 pm

hey mec-ing

there you go

www.naric.org.uk

they have a 3 day premium service for 170 pounds

or a regular service 3 weeks for 30 quid

however, i think i read some post that for some STRANGE reason the masters from pakistan are not recognised in the uk. they will award you only 15 points for it...

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:46 am

Will you please tell us that from which institution your wife got her Masters degree in Pakistan? Cause, home office dont consider the degrees from all institutions even if they are accredated by HEC. The reason is NARIC, whose web site is in your range now.

Mechanical-engineer

Pakistan Master in Art = Brithish Higher GCE Advanced

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:30 pm

First of all, I would like to thank you all. Yesterday, I was very tensed but now feeling little bit relaxe. I would like to quote the exact wording which HSMP team used for not awarding me points for spouse achievements.

"The qualification you submitted with the application was checked against guidance given by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom. The Master of Arts qualification, gained in Pakistan is not equivalent to British Bachelors. It is equivalent to a British Higher GCE Advanced"

My wife has Master in Arts(English )from University of Punjab Lahore, Pakistan ,one of the oldest and renowned university in Pakistan. For those who are not familiar it take 16 years of education to get it.
Now I just have 2 weeks to make my review application and not sure what document I should produce to prove that Master of Arts from Pakistan is equivalent to British standard Bachelors.

cheers,

Mechanical-engineer

Pakistan Master in Art = British Higher GCE Advanced

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:35 pm

First of all, I would like to thank you all. Yesterday, I was very tensed but now feeling little bit relaxe. I would like to quote the exact wording which HSMP team used for not awarding me points for spouse achievements.

"The qualification you submitted with the application was checked against guidance given by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom. The Master of Arts qualification, gained in Pakistan is not equivalent to British Bachelors. It is equivalent to a British Higher GCE Advanced"

My wife has Master in Arts(English )from University of Punjab Lahore, Pakistan ,one of the oldest and renowned university in Pakistan. For those who are not familiar it take 16 years of education to get it.
Now I just have 2 weeks to make my review application and not sure what document I should produce to prove that Master of Arts from Pakistan is equivalent to British standard Bachelors.

cheers,

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:18 pm

The problem is if NARIC did not recognize your wifes qualifications then I don’t think there is much you can do about that. What you could do though is to apply for NARIC verification yourself, incase they made a mistake the first time round and use the letter that you get as a supporting document or you should consider using the alternative guideline on that point, that is to show that your wife was doing 'graduate level' work
7.6.5 In order to score in this category, you must provide evidence that your spouse or unmarried partner is educated to degree level (e.g. BA or BSc) or an equivalent vocational or professional qualification. Alternatively, you can provide evidence that they are currently or have previously been employed in a graduate level job (for definition see work experience section). Your spouse or partner must accompany or join you in the UK. In addition your spouse or partner must not already have been granted settlement (permanent residence) in the UK.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:02 am

There is something wrong in your documentation i think. My wife is also educated from Punjab University and her degree is considered, even my own higher education is from Punjab University and we got approval in November while applying end of October last year (25 days).
I just found another post reg your case which is more in details. Why didn't you sent the bechlors degree of your wife??????????????????
I think you must sent now all the educational documnets of your wife from SSC to Masters with a reference letter from head of the Eng department, and send your review within time. You may contact zahidhsmp a member of this board from Pakistan who recent got success in his unpaid appeal.

Mechanical-engineer

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:26 pm

Thanks Mobig and f2k, I got job offer thats why they consider my case.
Mobig,did u get any equivalence for u or ur wife degree.I am planning to apply for NARIC certificater but first would like to get 16 years of education certificate from HEC.Not sure what happen.....timeis running and choices are limited.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:27 pm

Why not you go for the Premium NARIC evaluation, It costs a £176 but you will get the results within two days.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:01 pm

Hi,

I got my NARIC assessment couple of weeks back. I applied online and made the payment online too. The next day I faxed across my papers to them. The next morning the Assessment was completed and letter was generated and mailed. Of course since I'm in India, I received the letter after 10 days. But I called them up on the 5th day and they told me the assessment was done and the letter had been mailed. I asked them to fax it to a UK number (my friend's fax) and they promptly did it the same day.

So, what I'm trying to say here is if all your documents are in correct order, I think NARIC assessment might be got within a day or two. Of course it needs some luck too I guess. Because, I heard another person on this forum mentioning that when he asked for the assessment on the 2nd day after making the payment, they said it will take 7-10 days and said to go for the fast track by paying GBP 175. He did that !!!.

Just thought of sharing my experience with NARIC. Hope this helps.

BTW, my NARIC assessment says "British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard". It is equivalent to British Bachelor degre and I can get 15 points for my education. Correct ?

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:38 pm

Yeah this is correct, you will get 15 points for your bachelors if it is written in the NARIC letter that your degree is equivalent to British degree standard.

Cloudly
Newly Registered

Post by Cloudly » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:35 am

ashok71 wrote:Hi,

I got my NARIC assessment couple of weeks back. I applied online and made the payment online too. The next day I faxed across my papers to them. The next morning the Assessment was completed and letter was generated and mailed. Of course since I'm in India, I received the letter after 10 days. But I called them up on the 5th day and they told me the assessment was done and the letter had been mailed. I asked them to fax it to a UK number (my friend's fax) and they promptly did it the same day.

So, what I'm trying to say here is if all your documents are in correct order, I think NARIC assessment might be got within a day or two. Of course it needs some luck too I guess. Because, I heard another person on this forum mentioning that when he asked for the assessment on the 2nd day after making the payment, they said it will take 7-10 days and said to go for the fast track by paying GBP 175. He did that !!!.

Just thought of sharing my experience with NARIC. Hope this helps.

BTW, my NARIC assessment says "British Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard". It is equivalent to British Bachelor degre and I can get 15 points for my education. Correct ?
Hi, ashok71
You've got so quick response, did you use Naric ordinary service(J30) or Fast Truck service (J150, J200)?
Thanks.

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:09 am

Hi,

I went thru the regular case by paying GBP 30.