ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation (SET M - 5 year)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

britspouse15
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation (SET M - 5 year)

Post by britspouse15 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:57 am

Hi all,

My wife has been granted ILR (SET M via the 5 year route).

We now want to apply for naturalisation which we have been told we can do immediately.

My wife is away for 3 months now so we will exceed the residency requirements i.e. she will have been away for >90 days in the last 12 months and >270 days in the last 3 years. The residency requirements are 'should' whereas I have noticed that the rest says 'must'. I have seen the 'discretion' document, but how often are these actually successful?

Can I apply on her behalf? Or do we need an official agent/ rep? How much do these usually cost and what is the process?

Many thanks for all your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation (SET M - 5 year)

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:01 am

Discretion is not applied that often. Small absences above the threshold are usually disregarded. You don't state what the total absences are!

Note the mandatory requirement of also being physically present in the UK at the start of the 3 year qualifying period.

Application costs £1330

No, you cannot apply for her. She must apply and attend the ukcvas appointment for biometrics and document check. The same would apply if you used some agent.

It is the same process as ilr, apply online, upload docs and attend ukcvas etc.