ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 vias and curtailment delayed?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xse7enX
Newly Registered
Oman

Tier 4 vias and curtailment delayed?

Post by Xse7enX » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:22 am

Dear All,

I have submited my visa application in 5/09/2019. In the next day I received email from Home Office at shiefield that they have received my application . I took priority srrvice. My previous visa has been curtailed as I have been withdrawn from university and I took a year gap. I am aware that my previous visa that has been curtailed may cause a delay in making a decision. I am worried that the visa will take so long and I will not be able to attend the university. As the last date to attend the university stated in my CAS was 07/10/2019. Also, I live in one of the low risk country.

Has anyone been in simialr situation and how usualy it takes to get a decision in this condition.

Regards,
Se7en

Salmawahid
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Tier 4 vias and curtailment delayed?

Post by Salmawahid » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 am

Same here!!!! My appointment was on 4th of september, i opted for priority visa , the start date on the CAS is 13th of september 😣 i haven't recieved any update since then,
You can either call them or email them if and ask for the cause of the delay they will either tell u that ur application is syill in process or a decision has been made, another thing to do is to email uni regarding your CAS is it used or not.

mklmh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mklmh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:44 am

Xse7enX wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:22 am
Dear All,

I have submited my visa application in 5/09/2019. In the next day I received email from Home Office at shiefield that they have received my application . I took priority srrvice. My previous visa has been curtailed as I have been withdrawn from university and I took a year gap. I am aware that my previous visa that has been curtailed may cause a delay in making a decision. I am worried that the visa will take so long and I will not be able to attend the university. As the last date to attend the university stated in my CAS was 07/10/2019. Also, I live in one of the low risk country.

Has anyone been in simialr situation and how usualy it takes to get a decision in this condition.

Regards,
Se7en
Hey. im going through the same thing as you.
but I did not take a gap year.
I finished my second year (integrated Msc) and decided to transfer to a different university (BA) for my third year - are you going back to the same uni? and at what year?

I withdrew from my former sponsor on the 20th of August 2019 and applied for a new tier 4 visa on the 30th of August. Current sponsor said its fine. I am also from a low risk country and only submitted my former school withdrawal letter, my new cas and my passport. lol.

Paid for priority and am still waiting for the result as well.
3rd sept - biometrics
call ukvi said decisions been made around week before 6th of September.
No VFS collection for my passport yet.

My current sponsor was expecting a genuine student interview call for my case. But I did not receive any interview appointment as the decision was already made around 3rd - 6th of September.

I too am pretty anxious about it.

However, what you can do is to call UKVI and ask them for your status. check if the decision has been made or its still in the process.
Additionally, keep updating your sponsor as they can actually help you to expedite the case through their people.

Surbhijaiswal
Newly Registered
India

Post by Surbhijaiswal » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 am

Xse7enX wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:22 am
Dear All,

Regards,
Se7en

Hi,

Mine is worse man.. i submitted my application on 23 aug 2019 and 1 sep 2019 it came as recieved at Sheffield but since then there is no update all they keep saying is decision awaiting all my friends got their visas it’s just me who’s left. 15 working days are already over and m too anxious my classes have already started. I am not sure what to do

Xse7enX
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by Xse7enX » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:56 am

I am actually going to a different university as a second year entry. I will try to call UKVI . It is weird that it takes them this much to send the visa as you have already received a decision. Hopefully everythings goes fine.

Thanks for supporting.